Jobs in Middletown Township, NJ
- 46,514 Jobs Available
- 66,017 Population
- $79,000 Average Salary
Middletown Township, New Jersey, is located in Monmouth County. This city is about an hour drive from New York City. It has been ranked in the Top 100 in CNNMoney.com’s Best Places to Live in 2006, 2008, 2010 and 2014. In order to find jobs in Middletown Township, it is important to learn about the area, but you should also focus on the job market, career and resume tips and salary information.
The job market in Middletown Township is similar to that in the rest of the United States. The unemployment rate of the nation is 5.3 percent, while the unemployment rate of Monmouth County is only slightly higher at 5.5 percent. The industries that have grown the most recently are mining, logging and construction; education and health services; leisure and hospitality; financial activities; professional and business services; and trade, transportation and utilities. Mining, logging and construction has grown 4.7 percent over the last year. Retail salesperson is the largest occupation in the area. Monmouth County’s average weekly salary is $1,099, which is slightly higher than the nation’s weekly average salary of $1,048.
One of the most critical tools you have as you look for jobs in Middletown Township is your resume. Use these do and don’t tips as you build your own document:
1. Do use a different font or a bold emphasis to set your headers apart from the rest of the text.
2. Don’t use more than two different fonts throughout your resume.
3. Do discuss your accomplishments in your experience section to make it more engaging than a job description.
4. Don’t discuss irrelevant information, such as skills you don’t want to use anymore, your hobbies, your political or religious views, your family or anything controversial.
5. Do make a resume that is at least one full page and only two pages if you have enough relevant information to fill the second page.
Oftentimes finding jobs in Middletown Township boils down to looking for opportunities in the right area, and taking the right actions. Use these tips to help you succeed on your search:
1. Know what opportunities you want. Whether you’re just starting out or switching careers, you need to know what sort of positions you’re interested in. This will give you a great place to start your search.
2. Conduct informational interviews. If you are switching career fields or just starting out, you should consider conducting an informational interview. This is an interview that is done with a friend, family member or acquaintance that has a position that you want to learn more about. You can find out how they like it, what they do on a day-to-day basis and what tips they have for you to get into the field.
3. Be open to new possibilities. While you have to know what you want, you also have to be open to taking risks and trying something new. With so few job openings, you have to take opportunities as they come.
4. Use technology to your advantage. Today you can search for jobs on online forums, on the company’s website and even on social media. Make sure to use all of these technologies well, and keep your social media professional.
5. Stay positive. Whether you’re writing a resume, going on another interview or talking with someone in your network, you should try to stay positive. The job search can be grueling, so you should make small goals to help you keep a positive attitude.