Jobs in Methuen Town, MA
- 755,838 Resumes
- 17,359 Jobs Available
- 49,112 Population
- $69,000 Average Salary
In Essex County sits Methuen Town, Massachusetts, with a population of 47,255 at the 2010 census. This city and its county are a part of the greater Boston area along with several other counties, including Strafford, Rockingham, Middlesex, Norfolk, Suffolk and Plymouth. As you search for jobs in Methuen Town, you need to know more about the job market than the geographic location or population. Get preliminary information about job prospects and salary data.
In order to understand the promise of the job market, you have to look at the unemployment rates of Essex County, 4.3 percent, compared to the national average of 5.3 percent. The five best performing industries are mining, logging and construction; professional and business services; financial activities; education and health services; and information. These industries have grown between 2.1 and 4.9 percent. The largest occupations are retail salesperson and registered nurse. The average weekly wage in the United States is $1,048, but it is $1,465 in Essex County.
There are a lot of actions you can take to help your search go smoothly. One of the most important things you can do is make sure that you create a well-rounded, professional resume. Use these do and don’t tips as you build your own document:
1. Do include essential information, such as your name and contact information, past experience, skills and education.
2. Don’t include irrelevant information, such as your physical description, hobbies, reason for leaving old jobs or political or religious views.
3. Do create a sharp focus to your resume by including a summary section that highlights your experience, skills and personality traits.
4. Do use keywords to make your resume appeal more to specific hiring managers.
5. Don’t list your experience in a chronological order because then your least relevant experience will be at the top.
You have to know what actions to take as you look for jobs in Methuen Town. Use these tips to make your search easier:
1. Ask for advice. Turn to people online, in your network and at career centers to get help in your search. You can even ask advice from a professional at a company that you want to work for. This is a great way to get a conversation started and put yourself on the radar of said company.
2. Consider following more than your passion. Many jobseekers are looking for the end all job. However, you should find a company that has the potential to give you the happiness you are seeking. You may have to start at the bottom and work your way up. Following more than your passion can help you find long term jobs in Methuen Town.
3. Find your dream company. It is important to consider where you are working as well as in what position. If you do research and find a company that you would love to work for, you should get in contact with them whether or not they have a position open. Use social media and your network to start communicating with this company, and try pitching yourself to them.
4. Build relationships. Your network is something that has to be cultivated, but you should try to build relationships throughout your job search process for more than just your network. If, for example, you make friends with the assistant of the hiring manager, it is more likely that your communication will be pushed through. This way you will also have a friendly face should you get the job.
5. Practice for every aspect of the interview. Many jobseekers practice answering common questions, but they should also think about what to wear, how they should act and even how they can listen. This will ensure that the interview goes well.