Jobs in Meridian Charter Township, MI
- 89,534 Resumes
- 727 Jobs Available
- 41,776 Population
- $58,000 Average Salary
The third largest municipality in the Lansing-East Lansing metropolitan statistical area, Meridian Charter Township, Michigan, sits in Ingham County. As you look for jobs in Meridian Charter Township, you have to gain information about the economic outlook rather than the geographic location. Take a look at the local job market, job search tips, resume advice and salary statistics to help you better prepare yourself for the job search.
The job market in Ingham County is very promising. The national unemployment rate is 5.3 percent, but in Ingham County it is only 3.5 percent. The best performing industries are mining, logging and construction; leisure and hospitality; manufacturing; financial activities; and professional and business services. Over the past year these industries have grown an average of 4.3 percent. The largest occupations are retail salesperson, customer service representative and office clerk. The average worker gets paid $882 each week in Ingham County, which is lower than the national average weekly wage of $1,048.
One of the most important documents you can work on as you look for jobs in Meridian Charter Township is your resume. Use these tips to help you create an outstanding and useful tool:
1. Design your own format rather than using a predesigned template to help ensure that your resume won’t look like everyone else’s.
2. Make sure that the order is based on what’s important to the hiring manager, so your experience information would be listed as the position title, company name, company city and state, dates of employment and then your accomplishments and duties.
3. Stick to truths as you write your resume.
4. Avoid sharing irrelevant information about your hobbies, personal interests or controversial activities.
5. Try to make your resume one page, but if necessary you can go to two pages.
Taking the right actions during your job search can drastically change your ability to find jobs in Meridian Charter Township and the rest of the country. Use these tips to make your search easier:
1. Do research. Gathering information before you start applying to different positions is important. The research can help you figure out what positions you are looking for and even what companies you want to work with.
2. Get organized. Before you start sending out resumes you should also get organized. Each jobseeker may have a method that works for them. You could try making a spreadsheet to house important information, such as when you applied to positions, what companies you have heard back from, who you have interviewed with and the like.
3. Start communication. Before you apply to open positions, you should get connected with the companies that you are interested in. This preliminary communication will help you get acquainted with the hiring manager and will put you on their radar.
4. Use your network. As you do research and start your communication, you will want to use the people in your network. You will be able to get details about job openings from them. You will be able to do informational interviews to gather intelligence about careers and companies. You may even be able to get connected with hiring managers through your network.
5. Keep up with communication. Once you have made your initial communication, it is important to keep the communication going. After you send in resumes, go to interviews or whatever, you should always follow up. This shows that you are genuinely interested in the position.