Jobs in Menlo Park, CA
- 345,914 Resumes
- 23,482 Jobs Available
- 33,309 Population
- $81,000 Average Salary
Nestled between the beautiful city of San Francisco and the technological center of Silicon Valley, Menlo Park is one of the main cities in San Mateo County California. This extremely affluent suburb borders Stanford University, and it is considered to be one of the most highly educated towns in the country. Placing prestigious universities and affluence aside, as a jobseeker, you are probably more interested in career prospects and information about the local economy. If so, you will find the following information to be tremendously helpful during your search for jobs in Menlo Park.
With a remarkably low unemployment rate of 3.8%, which is far less than the national average of 5.3%, jobseekers will find a multitude of career options in San Mateo County. The office and support, computer and mathematical, sales, management, and food service industries employ the most workers in this area. Despite the fact that it is not the most prominent, the construction industry had the highest jump in employment levels in the entire area – a 49.8% increase. Retail salesperson, office clerk, and janitor/housekeeper, are the most commonly held occupations in Menlo Park. Workers in San Mateo County can expect to bring home over $1,500 a week, which is far more than the national weekly average of $1,048.
Your search for jobs in Menlo Park, or any other part of the country for that matter, can be greatly expedited with the help of a well-written resume. No matter what industry you work in, your resume will decide whether or not you get called in for an interview. Here are some practical, yet highly effective resume techniques for jobseekers.
1. Never include the reason why you left your previous jobs. If a hiring manager doesn’t agree with or understand your reasoning, he or she may toss your resume aside. Only give this information if you are asked for it directly.
2. Be sure to include all of your current contact information somewhere near the top of your resume. Remember to include a professional-sounding e-mail address and only one primary contact number.
3. It can be tempting to exaggerate or embellish certain aspects of your resume, but doing so will only dash your chances of getting hired. Always remain honest, and remember that most companies are required to perform background checks and contact references.
4. Try to avoid including unnecessary information. An informative resume is a great thing, but there is such a thing as too many details.
5. Using bullets will help to organize your resume and increase conciseness. They will also help to make your resume more reader-friendly.
When it comes to finding jobs in Menlo Park, or in any part of the country for that matter, it will all come down to the actions that you decide to take. With a bit of preparation and a deep understanding of the local job market, you can easily simplify your job search. Here are some tips that you may want to follow the next time you look for jobs in Menlo Park.
1. Use your personal network. Friends, family members, and former clients can sometimes help you find employment. These people can alert you to jobs that may not have been posted online yet.
2. Revamping your resume before a job search is always a great idea. Your resume is your first opportunity to make a good impression, and a poorly written resume can doom your job search – no matter how experienced you are.
3. Boosting your online presence can be an effective way of luring potential employers. Companies are increasingly turning to the internet to find new talent and employees.
4. Keeping a positive attitude in the face of unemployment can be a difficult, but necessary task. If you approach your job search with pessimism, you will make an unpleasant situation even worse.
5. After losing a job, many people choose to become their own boss. Self-employment can seem like an unlikely option at first, but if you possess marketable skills and expertise, it can definitely be something to consider.