Jobs in Medina City township, OH
- 928 Jobs Available
- 26,489 Population
- $52,000 Average Salary
Located in northern Ohio, Medina Township is a community that is 25 miles west of the metropolis of Akron, and thirty miles south of the large city of Cleveland. It is in the county of Medina, and according to the 2010 Census, has a population of 26,678. Learn more about the health of the area economy and how to find jobs in Medina Township.
Medina Township and the surrounding cities have a steady and healthy economy with an unemployment rate lower than the national average. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the unemployment rate only fluctuated .1 percentage points from December 2014 to December 2015 at 4.9 and 4.8 percent, respectively. This is lower than the national average of 5.3 percent. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that the largest areas of employment in the region northward to Cleveland are in education and health services and trade, transportation and utilities. The largest occupations cover those in office and administrative support in first place at 16% of jobs in Medina Township, and second place is for individuals in sales and related positions. Weekly wages vary in the region, including nearby Cuyahoga County, but on the average they run a little lower than the national rate of $1,048, coming in at $912.
The resume continues to be the “go-to” document for hiring managers. That is why it is so important to make sure it is the best quality that it can be. Read these tips to help you find jobs in Medina Township by making your resume outshine your competition.
1. Include a succinct summary section near the top of your resume below your contact information. Use a short paragraph or single bullet point that shows potential employers exactly what you can contribute to their company.
2. Research industry specific keywords to include throughout your resume. Many companies utilize online software to sift through resumes by searching for desirable traits, certifications, and other targeted skills to select individuals for an interview.
3. If you have multiple degrees, list the most recent one first. Make sure to put the name of the degree first, then college name, city/state, and date of (or impending) graduation.
4. Use action verbs like “analyzed” or “boosted” or other appropriate terms that provide the most impact for hiring managers. These are much better choices than “worked” or “responsible for” that are vague and non-descriptive.
5. If it is appropriate for your situation, handle gaps in employment with any consulting or freelancing gigs you may have performed in between full time positions. Covering any gaps will help you find jobs in Medina Township in a more efficient manner.
Finding jobs in Medina Township can be made easier if you focus on planning and organization, while utilizing a wide range of job-seeking skill sets. Follow these tips to make your job search more efficient and to help you make that next step in your career.
1. Select weekly goals of job applications and networking opportunities. Keeping these recorded in a file folder on your computer or in a notebook will help you maintain timely follow up activities.
2. Communicate with someone every day about your job search. Whether online, on the phone, or in person, it is important to get the word out about your career aspirations to get as many job leads as possible.
3. Review the preferred qualifications for the jobs in Medina Township you are applying for. Sometimes, it just takes a little bit more training to rise above your competition. Online classes are convenient for many job seekers.
4. Polish your resume and make sure it shows that you are the right person for the job. Many individuals will tailor their resumes to emphasize talents for particular positions.
5. Stay positive by dealing with stress by getting enough rest, eating right, and exercising. This positivity will show through in your interviews and make you more attractive to potential employers.