Jobs in Matthews, NC
- 228 Resumes
- 13,243 Jobs Available
- 30,008 Population
- $63,000 Average Salary
Located in Mecklenburg County and home to over 27,000 residents is Matthews, North Carolina. This area is a larger suburban town in Charlotte, North Carolina, and it is home to several top schools. Matthews is also the location of the Fortune 500 Company, Family Dollar Stores. If you are looking for jobs in Matthews, then the following details about the local economy, top jobs, and prospective salaries will be especially helpful throughout your job search.
The area of Charlotte, which includes Mecklenburg County and Matthews, has experienced a steady economic performance throughout the last year. During 2014 and 2015, the unemployment rate in Mecklenburg County fell from 5.2 percent to 5.1 percent. This number is slightly lower than the United States unemployment rate of 5.3 percent. The 2015 data from the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics indicates that the regions top performing sectors are trade, transportation, and utilities, professional and business services, government, leisure and hospitality, and education and health services. The largest occupations in the Charlotte area include retail salespersons, food preparation and serving workers, customer service representatives, cashiers, and hand laborers. Charlotte’s average weekly wage is $946, which is lower than the United States weekly wage average of $1048.
To help you search for jobs in Matthews, it is important to create an appealing resume. This resume should highlight your top skills and accomplishments so a prospective employer understands why you are the right fit for the job. Use the following tips to help you with your resume.
1. Use a template to create a resume that looks professional and is easy to read. Your resume needs to be scannable and should include sections, bolded titles, bullet points, and lists.
2. Resumes can be longer than one-page, especially if you have a lot of experience. Unless you are a doctor or work in academics, make sure to limit your resume to two pages.
3. The top section of your resume should outline your skills and accomplishments. This provides the hiring manager with a helpful overview.
4. The text in your resume should be action-oriented. Use strong verbs such as “developed,” “implemented,” and “collaborated. ” Avoid phrases like “duties included. ”
5. List your work experience in chronological order, beginning with the most recent job. Relevant volunteer work can also be included in this section.
If you are looking for jobs in Matthews, then make sure to work hard and refine your job seeking skills. You can use the following tips to assist you throughout your search.
1. Network in person and online. This is one of the most effective ways to find a job. You can attend social activities, networking events, and career fairs. Also, maintain an active presence on social media sites like LinkedIn. Through these efforts you can discover new opportunities and inform others about your job search.
2. Remain positive. Looking for a job can be discouraging, and it often takes time. A positive attitude will enhance your performance and help you stay strong mentally. Positivity is especially important during an interview, and it can help you stand out as an applicant.
3. Be persistent. The more you follow up, the more likely you are to get noticed. You can follow up about specific opportunities until you receive a definite “no. ”
4. Create a plan for your job search. Outline the specific tasks you need to accomplish each day. You can also set goals (i. e. talk to a new person everyday). When you have a plan, it is easier to find success during your search.
5. Understand your qualifications and opportunities. Most people have the best luck applying for jobs in the same industry where they already have experience. However, there may be opportunities for work in other industries, depending on your background and skillset.