Jobs in Maryland Heights, MO
- 755,838 Resumes
- 2,654 Jobs Available
- 27,405 Population
- $58,000 Average Salary
Maryland Heights, Missouri, is home to four parks, a water park, a dog park and a multi-use recreational facility. It sits in St. Louis County and is a part of the greater St. Louis area. As you search for jobs in Maryland Heights, you have to consider the economic outlook of the area. You can gather preliminary information related to the job market, job search and salary averages.
The average unemployment rate of the entire St. Louis area is 4.6 percent, but in St. Louis County it is only 3.2 percent. The national unemployment rate is 5.3 percent, which shows that the job market in Maryland Heights is very favorable. The top performing industries include trade, transportation and utilities; education and health services; professional and business services; government; and leisure and hospitality. The sector of education and health services has grown the most in the past year at 3.2 percent. The largest occupations are retail salesperson, registered nurse and combined food preparation and serving worker. The average weekly wage in St. Louis County is $917, which is less than the national average of $1,048.
No matter where you are in your career, your resume can help you find jobs in Maryland Heights. It is like your calling card. You need to create a document that stands out. Use these do and don’t tips to create a goal-meeting document:
1. Don’t create a resume that is longer than two pages. Hiring managers want to see something that is informative yet concise.
2. Do make your resume reader-friendly by keeping paragraphs short, using bullet points and aligning your text flushed to the left.
3. Don’t use weak verbs throughout your experience section. Instead fill it with strong, action verbs that describe your accomplishments.
4. Do list your experience in a way that is important to the hiring manager: title of position, name of employer, city and state of employer, employment dates and five to eight points about your accomplishments.
5. Do give your resume a sharp focus by creating a summary of qualifications or skills highlight section.
To find jobs in Maryland Heights, you have to work hard and get in the right mindset. You can make the entire process a little easier if you have an idea of what steps you can take. Use these tips to help you through the search:
1. Try to be responsible. When you continue to run into dead-end job leads, it can be hard to keep a cool and responsible head. However, you are the only one responsible for your job search. Rather than reacting poorly to a long and difficult search, you should try to continue making the best decisions for your situation.
2. Do some preliminary research. At the start of your job search, you should try to gather information related to companies in your industry. This can help you find out about new leads and companies you may want to work for.
3. Make sure to network. You need to network both on screen, over the phone and in person. Networking can help you gather leads about new positions, but it can also help you figure out what you can do to make yourself standout as you search for jobs in Maryland Heights.
4. Stay in touch. Hiring managers tend to be very busy. If you haven’t heard back after you sent in your resume or had an interview, it is okay to politely inquire. Persistence is a desirable trait as long as you don’t get too pesky. Politely follow up until you get a definitive answer.
5. Use a lot of resources to find jobs. It may seem like there are no good openings available. Chances are someone is hiring, but you need to be creative about where you’re looking. Go to job banks, job fairs and job centers. Look in newspapers, job forums and libraries. The more places you look, the greater your chances are of finding something.