Jobs in Marlboro Township, NJ
- 76,529 Resumes
- 10,894 Jobs Available
- 41,000 Population
- $64,000 Average Salary
Marlboro Township, New Jersey is situated on the eastern seaboard and is one of 52 towns in Monmouth County. Marlboro is located approximately 34 miles from the city of Trenton, New Jersey and is within 54 miles of New York City. With a cost of living in on par with the national average, a look into the economy that includes salaries and employment data will provide a larger picture of the job market in this area. The information that follows on jobs in Marlboro Township is specific to Trenton and surrounding areas.
Many of the opportunities for residents looking for jobs in Marlboro Township exist in Trenton and the New York metropolitan area. The information presented here is based on employment opportunities in Trenton, specifically. The unemployment rate in Trenton and the surrounding area is 4.8 percent, making it only slightly lower than the 5.3 percent national average. Among the many businesses in the area, the five leading industries are government, education, health services, professional/business services and trade, transportation and utilities. Within these industries the largest occupations consist of business operations specialists, retail salespersons, and registered nurses. The average weekly wage for jobs in Marlboro Township and surrounding areas is $1,521 which is nearly $500 higher than the average national weekly wage of $1,048.
Regardless of where you focus your search for jobs in Marlboro Township, you will need a professional resume to present your qualifications to potential employers. Take the time to create a resume that portrays you in the best possible light.
1. Don’t exceed two pages in length. Because most employers spend an average of six seconds scanning each resume, it is important to be brief and to be focused.
2. Utilizing bullet points to highlight the specific skills and abilities you bring to a particular position, is a great way to succinctly emphasize your skills and abilities.
3. Avoid the urge to list your duties and responsibilities at past jobs. Instead, highlight your achievements in those positions in a way that showcases skills that are important to the position for which you are currently applying.
4. Don’t include hobbies and interests on your resume. Many employers consider this to be “fluff” or “filler” information. Instead, focus on work related skills, abilities and experiences.
5. Always proof read carefully. Spelling and grammatical errors reflect poorly on an applicant’s attention to detail and professionalism.
Finding a jobs in Marlboro Township, Trenton and surrounding areas, or anywhere else, doesn’t have to be complicated. Following a few simple guidelines can make your job search more successful.
1. Make a plan and set goals to help keep you focused. Commit yourself to accomplishing a certain amount of job search tasks each day, such as completing a specified number of applications, cultivating a specified number of leads and so forth.
2. Remember to network whenever possible. Discuss potential opportunities with friends, former coworkers, and business colleagues. Complete or update your LinkedIn profile and utilize twitter feeds and Facebook accounts to make contacts.
3. Follow up on every application you submit, every resume you send out and every interview you go on with emails, text messages, or even better, telephone calls. Don’t stop until you hear a definite “no” in response to your efforts.
4. Consider working part-time or freelancing while you search for a full-time position. There are many online options for freelance work in a multitude of fields which could provide you with a means of temporary income until you find the right permanent position.
5. Broaden your search to include online job boards, employment agencies, head hunters, newspaper classifieds and job centers. The more places you look, the more opportunities you’ll find.