Jobs in Margate, FL
- 755,838 Resumes
- 273 Jobs Available
- 56,061 Population
- $60,000 Average Salary
Less than an hour’s drive from Miami, the bedroom community of Margate, FL is home to several local and national businesses and offers easy access to job opportunities in the metropolitan area. The city is situated in Broward County, and according to the 2010 U.S. Census, the Margate community has a population of about 53,284 residents. Take a look at the economic profile, including the average wages and employment prospects, that can help you get familiar with the market and find jobs in Margate.
The Miami-Fort Lauderdale-Pompano Beach Metro Statistical Area, which includes Miami and Margate, has made positive gains in its economic growth. The 2015 unemployment rate for Margate is 4.7 percent which is a decline from the 2014 rate of 5.4 percent. The national average for the Unites States is 5.3 percent. Based on the 2015 Bureau of Labor Statistics data, the trade, transportation and utilities industry employs the most people in this region. The professional and business services sector is the second highest employer while education and health services is third. The largest occupations in the metropolitan area are retail salespersons followed by customer service representatives. The third highest is food preparation and serving workers within the fast food industry. The manufacturing and government sectors have experienced a decline in growth. In the Miami area, the average weekly wage is $922 while the United States average weekly wage is $1,048.
Your resume is a critical part of the process when you are looking for jobs in Margate. Follow the tips below to ensure it is professional and well put together.
1. Keep in mind the resume doesn’t get you a job. Its primary purpose is to get you an interview. So make sure it showcases the skill set and qualifications employers expect.
2. The submission methods and requirements vary among employers. Prepare your resume in multiple formats. For example, have a print copy, a PDF file and a plain text version. This way you will have all the bases covered, from hand delivering or mailing your resume to sending email or electronic submissions.
3. The most important elements you need in your resume are known as FAKTSA. This stands for focus, appearance, keywords, transferrable skills and accomplishments.
4. Hire a professional resume writer, if needed. If you are not comfortable with creating your own resume, employ the services of a writer who has expertise in this area. This ensures it will be written in a way that showcases your experience and qualifications in the best possible light.
5. Avoid putting non-essential information on the resume. For instance, don’t include your height weight, age, date of birth religion, political affiliation or picture of yourself.
Finding jobs in Margate requires savvy job hunting skills. These pointers can help you reach your career goals in today’s job market.
1. Network as often as possible. Prepare a two-minute “elevator speech” that describes who you are, what you do and how you can benefit a potential employer.
2. Expand your job search platforms. For instance, search and apply for positions on a variety of online job banks.
3. Consider temporary work. If you are unemployed, securing a job can take months or longer. In the meantime, take a temporary job that will sustain you financially and keep your skills sharp.
4. Do your research. Specifically, visit the company websites and learn as much as you can about products, services, operations and culture.
5. Develop the right mindset. Keep in mind that finding your ideal job does take time and perseverance. So, approach your job hunt with patience, confidence and a determination to get the kind of work you desire.