Jobs in Maple Grove, MN
- 45,480 Resumes
- 11,138 Jobs Available
- 66,945 Population
- $51,000 Average Salary
Maple Grove, Minnesota, is located in the Minneapolis-St. Paul area of the state. It is known for being home to one of the largest shopping centers in the area, The Shoppes at Arbor Lake. When you are looking for jobs in Maple Grove, Minnesota, though, your concerns won’t be on shopping. You will want to learn more about the job market in the area. Continue reading to find out about the unemployment rate and average salaries in this city.
Perhaps the most impressive thing you need to know about the job market in Maple Grove is the unemployment rate is at rock bottom lows. For this area, the unemployment rate is 2.9%, which is far below the national rate of 5.3%. This speaks to a healthy job market for those seeking jobs in Maple Grove, Minnesota. Although, do be aware that in comparing the average wages to the national average wages, Maple Grove is at $1196 with the national average being at $1,048, so a low unemployment rate isn’t the only thing this area has going for it. The top performing industries include trade, transportation and utilities, professional and business services, education and health services, and government. The largest occupations are retail salespersons, personal care aides, customer service representatives and food preparation workers.
Putting together your resume requires some care because it is going to be what sells you to a hiring manager. You want to be sure to put your best foot forward when applying for jobs in Maple Grove, Minnesota. So, here are some tips to help you get your resume in top shape.
1. Use bullets instead of paragraphs. Many section of your resume benefit from using bullets because they are much easier to read than paragraphs.
2. Don’t ever list references on your resume. If they are wanted, they will be asked for.
3. Always proofread your resume. Spell checkers only catch some mistakes but not all of them. You don’t want to send off a resume filled with grammar and formatting errors. It doesn’t look professional.
4. Try to keep your resume to one page. You can use two if necessary, but a lengthy resume can be overwhelming to someone who is reading through a stack of them every day. If you keep your resume focused on highlighting your main points, then this shouldn’t be too hard.
5. Give your resume a polished look by choosing fonts carefully. You want a font that is easy on the eyes and not too small or too large.
When you are looking for jobs in Maple Grove, Minnesota, you want to be sure you are doing everything you can to put your best foot forward. Here are some tips for conducting your job search.
1. Follow up on every lead your get. Don’t discount any job at this point. You can always decline an offer if you get one from a job you know you won’t like. You want to apply for anything that comes your way so you have options.
2. Make sure you are networking. Get your name out there. Talk to people. This is a great way to find leads for jobs in Maple Grove, Minnesota. Make sure to let everyone know you are job hunting and try to secure leads of possible jobs from everyone you talk to.
3. Keep checking until you get a no. After you submit an application or do an interview, keep checking back to let them know you are interested. Only when they tell you the position is filed should you give up.
4. Take advantage of social media. Make sure you have a presence online. Social media is a great places to network and find job leads. Just be sure to keep your public profiles professional looking.
5. Make use of all the employment resources available. Go to job fairs, use local job office services and use the internet to look for leads.