Jobs in Manteca, CA
- 357,814 Resumes
- 11,829 Jobs Available
- 73,494 Population
- $52,000 Average Salary
Manteca, California, is located in San Joaquin County, which is in the Stockton area. The city is known for being family friendly and the home of the Not Forgotten Memorial Day Event. As you search for jobs in Manteca, California, you will want to pay attention to other important things about the city, like the job market and average salaries.
The top industries in Manteca tend to pay a bit higher than the national average wage. This is great news for those searching for jobs in Manteca, California. However, figuring in all occupations, the average hourly wage in Manteca is at $21.20, which is slightly lower than the national average of $22.71. Still, the top industries are where the best pay is. These include office and administrative support, transportation and material moving, sales, food preparation and serving and production. Looking at unemployment, the rate for the general Sacramento area where Manteca is located is 5.5%, which is comparable to the national average of 5.3%.
Resumes are important in a job search because they are your way to showcase your skills and talents to potential employers. That is why it is important to make sure your resume is in good shape for your hunt for jobs in Manteca, California. Here are some tips on how to put together a winning resume.
1. Try to keep your resume one page long. You don’t want to write a book. You want to present the information in a clear and concise manner. You can use two pages, if needed, but one page is ideal for most cases.
2. Use bulleted lists. There are many sections of a resume where you can use a list format instead of a paragraph. Lists are just easier to read.
3. Make sure your fonts, headings and organization are clear and easy to read. You want your resume to look professional, and following a pattern with the elements of your resume is a great way to do this.
4. Never lie on your resume. While it may be tempting to beef up your resume, once you get caught in a lie, it could spell trouble for your hunt for jobs in Manteca, California.
5. Don’t forget to include contact information. You want to provide at least an email address and phone number so you can be easily contacted should an employer want to set up an interview or hire you.
Finding jobs in Manteca, California, requires you to follow certain steps. Here are some tips that you can use to help during your job hunt.
1. Network as much as possible. Talking with others and letting them know you are looking for a job will get your name out there and may even draw out some job leads.
2. Make sure your resume is updated. You want to look it over to be sure it reflects your current skills and includes all your past jobs. If it has been a while since you created it, you may need to give it an overhaul.
3. Use different methods to hunt for jobs. You should look everywhere you can to find jobs. Use your network, but also check jobs ads in newspapers and online. Go to job fairs and seek out local job centers that often keep records of employers who are hiring.
4. Use social media to increase your online presence. Social media is a huge tool in job seeking these days. You want to be sure you are using social media tools to put the word out that you are looking for a job and that your accounts present you in a professional way.
5. Make sure you follow up on any job you may have applied for. Checking in is a sign that you are serious about the job. Make sure you call to check on your application status, and if you have had an interview, make contact to thank the interviewer for their time.