Jobs in Manhattan Beach, CA
- 354,169 Resumes
- 51,856 Jobs Available
- 35,881 Population
- $65,000 Average Salary
The beautiful coastal city of Manhattan Beach, CA, is located in southwest Los Angeles County, and it is home to over 35,000 people. The city is known for its beautiful beaches and affluent neighborhoods. People from all over the world visit this California city for picturesque views, relaxation, and food. If you are looking for a job in the area, then the following details about the economy, prospective jobs, and salaries will help you as you look for jobs in Manhattan Beach area.
The Los Angeles area, which includes Manhattan Beach, has a similar economic outlook to the rest of the United States. During 2014 and 2015, Los Angeles experienced a substantial drop in the unemployment rate, falling from 7.3 percent to 5.5 percent. This number is now very close to the national unemployment average of 5.3 percent. According to 2015 data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the areas top sectors for employment include shows that the biggest sectors for employment in the area include trade, transportation, and utilities, education and health services, professional and business services, government, and leisure and hospitality. The largest occupations in the Los Angeles area include retail salespersons, office clerks, cashiers, hand laborers, and operations managers. Los Angeles has an average weekly wage of $1120, which is slightly higher than the United States weekly wage of $1048.
Part of finding jobs in Manhattan Beach involves create an appealing resume. This resume should identify the reasons you are a good fit for the job. To help you create an impressive resume that catches the attention of today’s hiring managers, use the following suggestions.
1. A resume should be easy to read and scan. Make sure to divide it into sections. You can also use lists and bullet points so it is easier to scan.
2. Include all relevant work experience, beginning with your most recent job. Then, list the other jobs or volunteer work in chronological order.
3. Do not worry about limiting your resume to one page. Two page resumes are becoming more and more common. People that work in academics or are doctors often have resumes that are longer than two pages.
4. Avoid justified text blocks that create weird spacing in a resume.
5. Choose a unique resume template. If your resume looks just like everyone else’s, it is harder to stand out from the competition and land an interview.
Finding jobs in Manhattan Beach requires hard work and job seeking skills. To help you find the right opportunities and land a job, use the following tips.
1. Network. More and more people find a job through personal connections. You can connect with people you know at social events and career fairs. In addition, take advantage of social media sites like LinkedIn to find opportunities for employment.
2. Be proactive. You have a lot of control over your success, and your efforts can help you secure the right job. To help you in your efforts, create a plan that you can follow each day.
3. Persistence pays off when you are looking for a job, and it is important to follow up regularly. This communicates your desire for the job and ensures that you are not forgotten. You can follow up about job opportunities until you receive a definite “no. ”
4. Know your options. It is common for people to find work in the same industry as their previous job. However, there may be opportunities in different industries depending on your skillset.
5. Stay positive. It is difficult to look for a job, and you are not alone in your efforts. Do not feel ashamed that you are looking for a job. With a positive attitude, you will present a better impression and increase your chances of finding a job.