Jobs in Mamaroneck, NY
- 755,838 Resumes
- 66,735 Jobs Available
- 29,860 Population
- $79,000 Average Salary
Located in Westchester County, New York, Mamaroneck consists of two villages, Larchmont and Village of Mamaroneck. Most of the region is made up of unincorporated land, and the area has a population of 29,156. The town is recognized as the home to Archie Comics’ publication division and the widely recognized Walter’s Hot Dog Stand. While these businesses contribute largely to the economy, there are a number of businesses in the town and surrounding communities. Gain an understanding of the area’s economic outlook by researching potential salaries and job prospects for jobs in Mamaroneck.
Westchester County, which includes Mamaroneck, has experienced some recent economic progress, and the unemployment rate in the region has dropped from 4.7 percent to 4.3 percent between 2014 and 2015. These numbers leave the county significantly lower than the national average of 5.3 percent. The education and health services sector provides the greatest number of job prospects followed by the trade, transportation and utilities, professional and business services and government sectors. However, the mining, logging and construction sector experienced the greatest rate of growth between 2014 and 2015. The most common position held is retail salesperson followed by office clerk positions. The average weekly wage in the region is $1,601 and the average weekly wage in the United States is $1,048.
One of the most important pieces to successfully finding jobs in Mamaroneck is a solid resume. Use these do’s and don’ts to craft a resume that stands above the rest.
1. Do create an easy to read format using bullet points to quickly highlight your skills. You want potential employers to quickly identify your aptitude.
2. Don’t write in paragraph form. You want to avoid using first person pronouns and explaining experiences in paragraphs instead list items.
3. Do highlight quantifiable achievements, as they will demonstrate your skills even more clearly.
4. Don’t use generic verbs like “work” or responsible for, as these will distract from your unique experiences and skill set.
5. Do use clear action verbs like “aided” or “led” to demonstrate the concise experiences that you gained in your last job.
Locating jobs in Mamaroneck requires a balanced combination of developed job-search skills and a strong mindset. These tips can help you navigate the job search and find the right position for you.
1. Make the most of your screen time. The Internet is one of the best tools you have, but you want to make sure that you are using it for more than traditional job searchers. Make the most of your online networks and participate in a range of industry social media pages, blogs and forums. Broadening your connects will help substantially.
2. Balance online and real world connections. While the Internet is an important piece of networking, you also want to make an effort in getting to know individuals face to face. Personal interaction can give individuals a deeper understanding of your skills and personality and can give you an edge in the search.
3. Be patient. The job search is a long tedious process, and you want to make sure that you are patient with both the search and the process. Don’t be tempted to give up on yourself just because it takes some time. Understand that it is a long process and don’t be too hard on yourself.
4. Stay positive. With a range of rejection and missteps it can be easy to feel a little down and depressed, but the more positive you can stay throughout the journey, the more opportunities you will be able to take. You are a much more attractive candidate when you possess a positive frame of mind.
5. Be proactive in the search. It might be tempting to simply wait for responses from potential employers or wait for a company you are interested in to post a position, but following up on leads or contacting companies you would like to work for allows you to find otherwise hidden positions and demonstrate your persistence.