Jobs in Mahwah Township, NJ
- 78,740 Resumes
- 58,204 Jobs Available
- 26,500 Population
- $72,000 Average Salary
Located about 30 miles north of Newark, New Jersey, Mahwah Township is a community near the Ramapo Mountains. According to the 2010 Census, the population was listed at 25,890. Learn more about the state of the local economy and jobs in Mahwah Township.
Mahwah Township and the area reaching southward to Newark continue to show strong economic development as evidenced by the decreasing unemployment rate. From December 2014 to December 2015, the rate dropped a full 1.3 percentage points from 5.5 percent to 4.2 percent, much lower than the national average of 5.3 percent. Trade, transportation and utilities are the largest areas of employment, followed by professional and business services. The largest occupations are office and administrative support, followed by sales and related positions. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the weekly wages in Mahwah Township reaching toward Newark and nearby New York City vary considerably, but still average much higher than the national numbers coming in at $1,601 compared to $1,048.
Your resume needs to be top-notch to grab the attention of hiring managers. To help you find jobs in Mahwah Township, follow these do’s and don’ts to rise above the competition.
1. Do make your resume is as user-friendly as possible by considering a bulleted-style format. This design is great for focus and is attractive to potential employers. Bullets are also a good place to insert industry keywords so online resume screening programs can find your document.
2. Don’t use justified text blocks—make your type flush left. Justified text blocks can create odd spaces within your document which can make it appear unprofessional.
3. Do list your job information in an order that creates the most impact: Title/position, name of employer, city/state of employer, and dates of employment.
4. Don’t use phrases such as “Responsible for” or “Duties included. ” Instead, use action oriented verbs focusing on your accomplishments. This will create much more impact on hiring managers.
5. Do quantify your accomplishments whenever possible to help you find jobs in Mahwah Township. Using descriptions such as “designed four corporate blogs” or “managed a team of 15” gives specific information that makes a distinct impression.
Finding jobs in Mahwah Township requires a positive attitude complemented with a full set of job-seeking skills. These tips can help you beat out the competition and land that next job in fulfilling your career goals.
1. Stay positive and motivated by keeping track of your applications, submitted resumes and networking events. It is important to measure your accomplishments so you can feel confident you are doing everything you can in your job search.
2. Be creative with your networking opportunities. Seek out events through Chambers of Commerce, business support groups, and even personal events. The next person you meet could connect you to the perfect job.
3. Promote a positive and professional image to help you find jobs in Mahwah Township. LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and other social media sites can be helpful in your search.
4. Review your skill set and determine if your talents can be transferable to different industries. New opportunities can open up if you begin to think about other types of companies you have previously not considered.
5. Don’t forget about job fairs. This type of event can be very valuable for job leads and for preparing to sell yourself in interviews.