Jobs in Lufkin, TX
- 755,838 Resumes
- 2,141 Jobs Available
- 36,141 Population
- $60,000 Average Salary
Lufkin, Texas is a beautiful, small city that is adjacent to major cities such as Houston, Dallas and San Antonio. You can enjoy small town charms with the convenience of being close to the big city. Lufkin has many great things to do as a family, such as museums, a fantastic zoo and delicious restaurants. Lufkin is home to almost 40,000 people, who are known as the friendliest people on earth. If you’re considering a move to Lufkin, you need to learn about the local job market.
The unemployment rate in Lufkin, Texas is 4.5%, which is just above the national average of 5.2%. Lufkin has a job growth of 1.9%, and there is a predicted job growth of more than 39% over the next 10 years. If you move to Lufkin, you don’t have to worry about a lack of employment opportunities.
Before you turn in your resume around town, make sure you have created the best resume possible. Here are some tips for writing the perfect resume.
1. Try building your own resume. When you use a template, you resume looks just like everyone else’s. Adding your own style and flare to your resume will allow it to stand out from the others. You can make your own style headings and formatting, giving you an edge when the hiring manager is picking resumes out of the pile.
2. Use a resume builder. If you try to create your own resume, but it just doesn’t look right, use a resume builder. It’s better to use a builder than to create a sloppy resume from scratch. You can always change some of the font and positions as you go along. There are many different types of resumes in a resume builder, so you might have more options than if you used a template on MS Word.
3. Create a unique summary. Every resume needs to begin with a strong and unique professional summary. It should state your professional title and your years of experience. Therefore, you need to be sure to create a different professional summary for each type of job you are applying for, so it is relevant to your position.
4. List relevant skills. Your skills should also be unique to the position that you are applying for. Pick about 10-12 of your best ones, and list them in bullet points under your professional summary.
5. Display your work history. At least seven years of work experience should be listed under your skills. If you don’t have seven years of experience, list everything that you have.
If you want to join the friendliest people on earth, it’s time to begin your job search. Here are some fantastic job search tips that will likely land you the job you want.
1. Take assessments. If part of the problem is that you don’t know what kind of job you want, you can take some online assessments to find your strengths and weaknesses. The assessments will evaluate your interests, skills, values and other traits that are important when it comes to finding a job that you will not only be good at, but love, too.
2. Join a job club. Some people work better with support. A job club is a great way to get that support you need. There are small groups of people around the country that meet at job clubs. These clubs can help you by allowing people to share their tips, success stories, failures and resources that they’ve found helpful. Everyone in the club works together to help each other find the careers that they want.
3. Read professional journals. Professional journals can give a lot of insider tips for finding a job at more prestigious business that don’t always advertise the fact that they’re hiring. You can also find resources for meeting important people.
4. Network. It’s important to Network when you’re looking for a job. This means that you meet as many people as possible and make sure you get your name out there. Make a Facebook page and a Linkedin profile. You can post sharable content on Facebook that gets attention to your page, while adding professionals on LinkedIn to your network.
5. Update your resume. It’s important to make sure you resume is up-to-date, spell checked and has every bit of important information you need. Create more than one resume if you are applying for more than one type of job.