Jobs in Los Gatos, CA
- 343,384 Resumes
- 21,110 Jobs Available
- 30,735 Population
- $82,000 Average Salary
Located in the foothills of the Santa Cruz Mountains, Los Gatos is a wealthy community about eleven miles outside of San Jose in Silicon Valley. According to the 2010 Census, this home to the content creator and streaming company Netflix is an incorporated town of 29,413. Read more about jobs in Los Gatos and the state of the local economy.
Los Gatos is in Santa Clara County where the decrease in the unemployment rate continues to reflect a healthy and thriving economic environment. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported a decrease of a full percentage point from the end of 2014 to the end of 2015 from 4.9 percent to 3.9 percent, well below the national average of 5.3 percent. The largest provider of jobs in the area by far is in the sector of professional and business services, with manufacturing coming in second place. The largest occupations are in office and administrative support but the percentage is well below the national average. This is made up for in the second largest occupational area of computer and mathematical positions, which make up 11.6 percent of jobs, way above the national average of 2.8 percent. The average weekly wages in Santa Clara County and the greater San Jose area is nearly double the national average, coming in at $2,089 and $1,048, respectively.
It is necessary to have a highly polished resume when you are looking for jobs in Los Gatos. Read more and follow these resume tips to make sure you rise above the competition.
1. Focus your resume with a headline or branding statement or even a combination of both. Utilizing the title of the position you are searching for, such as “Senior Executive,” in combination with an ad-like statement that shows what you can bring to a company is an impactful way to show off your skills.
2. Display your name boldly at the top of your resume. This portrays confidence to the reader. The standard size font for the body of your resume is 11 point.
3. Keep your job descriptions focused on accomplishments not duties. Phrases like “Responsible for” or “Duties included” are not language that sells your qualities with the most impact.
4. Know your industry keywords. Resumes are routinely scanned online for certain words and it is important to include these to keep from being overlooked.
5. If you are a new college graduate, use the GPA that puts you in the best light. Choose from overall, major, or school or college GPA and select the highest one.
Finding jobs in Los Gatos requires a combination of professionalism and positivity. Follow these job-seeking tips to acquire that next great step in your career.
1. Networking is more important than ever and communicating with your online social networks, as well as having an aggressive schedule of shaking hands and talking to people about your job search opens many doors to jumpstart careers.
2. Persistence matters. Make sure to follow up on all job leads, applications and interviews in a timely fashion. This shows professionalism and determination to get the job you really want.
3. Consider consulting or freelancing while you are in the midst of your job search. This entrepreneurial focus can help with gaps in your resume and bring in financial support during the time you are looking for a job.
4. Don’t forget about job fairs. These events are often times advertised through Chambers of Commerce and other business organizations and can be an excellent option for many individuals seeking a change in their career.
5. Be flexible and creative in your search. Review your skill set and consider the application of these skills to different industries you have previously not considered.