Jobs in Littleton, CO
- 940 Resumes
- 29,317 Jobs Available
- 44,669 Population
- $55,000 Average Salary
Littleton, Colorado, is home to over 41,000 people, and it is the 20th most populous municipality in the state. The area is the Home Rule Municipality in Jefferson, Douglas, and Arapahoe counties. The city is centrally located, and it is close to the large city of Denver. If you are looking for a job in Littleton, the following details about the job market and average salaries will be particularly helpful as you look for and pursue various opportunities.
The region of Denver, including Arapahoe County, has an extremely positive economic outlook compared to the rest of the country. In 2014 and 2015, Arapahoe County recorded a decline in the unemployment rate, falling from 4.0 percent to 3.2 percent. These numbers are well below the national unemployment rate of 5.3 percent. The top performing industries throughout Denver includes trade, transportation, and utilities, professional and business services, government, education and health services, and leisure and hospitality. Denver’s largest occupations are retail salespersons, food preparation and serving workers (including fast food), and secretaries and administrative assistants. The average weekly wages in the Denver area is $1209, which is slightly higher than the national average of $1048.
When you are searching for jobs in Littleton, it is important to create an appealing resume that stands out from the competition. Your resume should highlight the reasons you are the right candidate for the job. To help you with your resume, follow these “do’s” and “don’ts. ”
1. Do create a resume that is easy to read and scan.
2. Do limit your resume to two pages unless you work in academics or are a doctor.
3. Don’t use text blocks that are justified. This creates weird spacing in the text, and it can make your resume more difficult to read.
4. Do include your contact information so a recruiter or hiring manager knows how to get a hold of you. You can include the name of the city and state, your phone number, your email, and a website if you have one that is applicable.
5. Don’t use expressions like “responsibilities included. ” This is the language that is preferred for a job description. When you are writing a resume, the text should be more action oriented.
Many people find jobs in Littleton through hard work and by developing their job skills. These tips can aid you in your efforts to find a job in the area.
1. Stay positive. There is nothing to be ashamed about if you are looking for a job. You are not alone, and there are a lot of people out of work due to the recession. A good attitude can make the situation easier.
2. Understand your options. Determine what jobs you are qualified for based on your experience. You may have opportunities in the same industry, or you could transition to a new field.
3. Network. Getting a job is often easier when you network. Talk to the people you know and make sure to attend networking events. It is also a good idea to take advantage of online networking sites liked LinkedIn.
4. Create a plan of attack. It is easier to find a job when you plan and prepare. Determine what you need to do everyday to experience results, and make an effort to stick to that plan.
5. Think outside of the box. Sometimes finding a job requires stepping outside of your comfort zone or applying for new opportunities. You can also take advantage of job fairs to help you discover new opportunities.