Jobs in Lemoore, CA
- 350,900 Resumes
- 1,237 Jobs Available
- 25,186 Population
- $57,000 Average Salary
Lemoore is a small town in Kings County, California. As part of the Hanford area, the town lies about 34 miles south of Fresno. Lemoore is big on community cooperation, and it’s also a part of a major agricultural region. If you’re looking to relocate, you’ll want to know where most people work. Here’s a glimpse of the current economy, unemployment rates, types of jobs in Lemoore and average salaries.
The economy in the Hanford area is dominated by agriculture, and the most common jobs in Lemoore are for farmworkers and labors. The second biggest industry in terms of workforce is food service. Healthcare comes in third with over 1,000 residents working as registered nurses. The area’s biggest employers include Tachi Palace casino, Leprino Foods, Naval Air Station Lemoore and several large distributers. The Hanover market has a relatively high unemployment rate. 10.9 percent of residents are currently out work compared to the 5.3 percent of Americans nationwide. The average weekly wage in Hanover-Corcoran is $564, whereas the average weekly wage in America is $1,048.
Almost all applications for jobs in Lemoore and Hanford will require you to submit a resume. Spend some time to make yours professional. Here are some tips.
1. Make it easy to read. A busy-looking resume is one of the key things to avoid. Use formatting options that are easy on the eye, including bullets and numbering. Use bold and italics sparingly and only on job titles or other elements you need to highlight.
2. Don’t leave off partial degrees. Education is education. You can list specific coursework if it’s relevant to the job.
3. Focus on accomplishments. Don’t just list your job duties. Tell employers what you’ve actually achieved for the company.
4. List chronologically. Employers care most about your recent experiences, so keep these at the top of each list. If you’re a student, you can put your education first. Otherwise, start with your work history.
5. Include a phone number and email. Some employers like phone calls, while others prefer electronic communication. Be sure to provide both options.
A competitive job market calls for a definitive strategy. If you want to find jobs in Lemoore that match your interest and skill level, you need to do your research and know where to look. Here are some guidelines to follow as you search.
1. Identify your transferrable skills. Take some time to reassess your skills and experience. In a competitive job market, it’s important to flexible. Consider some certification courses if you feel weak in certain areas.
2. Document your progress. It’s important to write down the details of each application, including the day you submitted your resume, which resume copy you sent in and which people you spoke to. This will help you quickly recall information if you are contacted for an interview.
3. Network online and offline. It’s crucial to maintain on online professional profile, especially if you want to be noticed by recruiters. Equally important is your ability to network offline. Go to career fairs and try to connect with local professionals in your field.
4. Know the market. Don’t go into your job search blind. Do some research, read up on local employers and find out where people work. You might discover you already have a connection you can use.
5. Show some gumption. Persistence is an admirable quality, and a smart employer will recognize the effort. Politely follow up on your applications after one week, and don’t be afraid to ask to shadow someone, visit a location or otherwise learn about a company or industry. After all, employers also want to work with people who are teachable.