Jobs in Lauderdale Lakes, FL
- 755,838 Resumes
- 1,137 Jobs Available
- 34,410 Population
- $56,000 Average Salary
Lauderdale Lakes, Florida, sits in Broward County. This south-Florida city is part of the Miami-Fort Lauderdale-Pompano Beach metropolitan statistical area. As you search for jobs in Lauderdale Lakes, you have to gather more information regarding the local job market. You can find out about job prospects, the job search, writing a resume and salary statistics.
The job market in the greater Miami area is very comparable to the average job market in the United States. The national unemployment rate and the unemployment rate of the Miami area are 5.3 percent, but in Broward County the unemployment rate is only 4.7 percent. The top performing industries include trade, transportation and utilities; professional and business services; education and health services; leisure and hospitality; and government. Professional and business services has seen the largest growth of these five industries at 5.0 percent in the past year. The largest occupations are retail salesperson, customer service representative and combined food preparation and serving worker. The average weekly wage in Broward County is $922, which is slightly less than the national average of $1,048.
Finding jobs in Lauderdale Lakes is one thing, but you also have to make sure that you have a resume that will be able to help you actually get a job. Your resume is a critical part of the job search process. Use these tips to build a better document:
1. Include the resume musts, such as your name, address, phone number, email address, experience and education.
2. Flesh your resume out with additional information about your skills, accomplishments, certifications and applicable career-building activities.
3. Avoid sharing information that is too personal or controversial, such as political views, family information, hobbies or a description of your physical appearance.
4. Focus on the format of your document to make sure it is readable.
5. Revamp your resume to make it focus on the employer in question.
Finding jobs in Lauderdale Lakes and anywhere in the country is all about knowing what sort of actions to take. Use these five tips to make your job pursuit easier:
1. Make a plan. Making a plan can help alleviate anxiety. Your plan can be as simple as figuring out what industry and career path you are interested in. You should also consider making some sort of organizational strategy to help you keep track of all of the companies you have applied to. A plan lets you know where you need to start.
2. Research different companies. During the planning stage, you should also do some research about different companies. This research will help you figure out what you’re looking for in an employer. This preliminary research can even be helpful once you get to the interview stage.
3. Look in a variety of spots. Where you look for opportunities affects what sort of opportunities you will find. You should make a habit of looking everywhere for job possibilities. You can talk to people at libraries or career centers. You can look online at job postings sites, company websites and social media. You can look in newspapers, go to job fairs and talk with people in your network. The more places you look, the better your odds are of finding an opportunity that you will get excited about.
4. Wait to send in your resume. Rather than applying to a position right when you find it, you should wait. Use your network to find a contact inside the company in question. Talk to that person to let them know that you’re interested in the position. You can even ask that inside person to give your resume to the hiring manager. When a resume comes from the inside, it is possible that it will get more attention right away.
5. Practice for the interview. You need to review common interview questions, figure out what you want to wear, think about your nonverbal communication and even practice listening. Thinking about these different aspects will help ensure that your interview goes well.