Jobs in Lakewood, OH
- 755,838 Resumes
- 53,723 Jobs Available
- 50,926 Population
- $51,000 Average Salary
Lakewood, Ohio is a suburban area that borders the city of Cleveland to the west. This city is known for its beautiful lakeside location and for a large number of high-rises in the Gold Coast and downtown area. Despite the area’s significant development and scenic grandeur, if you are looking for a job, take time to learn about economic conditions in the area. To find the best jobs in Lakewood, it is important to understand the area’s job market, including employment statistics, its average salaries and job prospects.
Lakewood is located in Cuyahoga County, where there has been a decrease in unemployment from 5.5% in 2014 down to 4.4% in 2015. The 2015 unemployment percentages are above the national average of 5.3%. According to the 2015 Bureau of Labor statistics, the top employers in the area are education and health services, trade, transportation and utilities and professional and business services. After these employment sectors, government and manufacturing employ the largest population of the area. During the last year, the financial activities job sector showed the greatest growth in employment of 5%. Office and administrative support occupations and sales and related occupations are the most prevalent jobs in the area. The average weekly wage for jobs in Lakewood is $1,071, which is slightly higher than the National average of $1,046.
A good resume is the cornerstone to your job search. This document summarizes your skills and accomplishments and shows why you are the best candidate for the job. It truly does not matter what level of experience that you have or to what industry you belong. The following tips will help you improve your resume and your chances of getting a better job.
1. Avoid grammatical and spelling mistakes. These simple errors can distract hiring managers from your qualifications.
2. Use bullet points to list your accomplishments and skills. Bullet points are a great organizational tool that will help hiring managers more easily read your resume.
3. Including a “Summary of Qualifications” can help you to quickly describe your qualifications in your resume. Consider making this section a focal point of your resume to show why you are the best candidate for the job.
4. Customize resumes individually for the jobs to which you are applying.
5. Make sure to include multiple ways to contact you on your resume, including an email address, telephone number and address.
When you are actively seeking new employment, finding the best jobs in Lakewood can be made easier with a little expert advice. Professionals drafted the following tips to help you improve the effectiveness of your job search.
1. Increase your network. A major factor that will help you get a job is to have connections that assist you to find and obtain employment
2. Follow up after job interviews. Take time to send an email or call to thank the interviewers for their time. Additionally, it can be a great idea to communicate with hiring managers to check up on the status of the hiring process.
3. Look professional for your interview. It is always a good idea to overdress for your interview. You want to show that you care deeply about the job.
4. Practice formulating responses to common interview questions. You can become expert at describing your skills and be more prepared for your interviews.
5. Show significant interest in every job opportunity. Even if a job is not your top choice, treat it like your top choice because it might be your only choice!