Jobs in Lake Elsinore, CA
- 384,559 Resumes
- 13,639 Jobs Available
- 60,029 Population
- $58,000 Average Salary
The shore lined borders of Lake Elsinore, California, make for a scenic view for the city’s 51,821 inhabitants as of the 2010 census. Once a small resort town, Lake Elsinore is now a thriving and booming population that is home to both year round residents and tourists alike. The retail expanse of the area is vibrant with one of the first major outlet shopping malls in the state of California, which provides the top source of employment for Lake Elsinore citizens. If you are considering looking for jobs in Lake Elsinore, read on to gauge the economic climate and find out more about average wages and common occupations.
The eleven districts that make up Lake Elsinore are located in western Riverside County, which provides a positive environment for its potential employees. Between 2014 and 2015, the unemployment rate dropped from 7.9% to 6.5%, compared to the national average of 5.3%. The trade, transportation, and utilities businesses make up the majority of employment opportunities in the area. Government and education and health services represent the next top employers. Professional and business enterprises and leisure and hospitality industries come in fourth and fifth. Professional and business services, in particular, has grown by 6.1% between 2014 and 2015. Retail workers and physical laborers, including movers and stockers, are the largest occupations in the area. While the average weekly wage for the nation is $1,048, it is $861 in Riverside County.
The keys to successfully writing and readying a zinger of a resume are simple, and largely uncomplicated, but they are rules that must be followed. Know the guidelines of great resume making and you’ll be good to go on a successful hunt for jobs in Lake Elsinore.
1. Keep it focused. Instead of making your resume a summary of your life thus far, zoom in on a few particular skills and achievements that you want to highlight.
2. Consider a resume design that uses bullet points to get your accomplishments across as neatly as possible.
3. Remember that some rules are made to be broken. The one page resume rule, for example, doesn’t apply to those with extensive work histories.
4. Aim to list your educational details in this order: degree name, major name, name of university, city/state, graduation year.
5. Keep your words strong and use action verbs. Don’t mix noun and verb phrases when listing your professional experiences.
When looking for jobs in Lake Elsinore, be open to possibilities even in places where you might least expect them. The ‘new normal’ job market makes for unique job opportunities in the digital age.
1. Use the internet as a tool. Shaping your profile as a professional on social media sites like LinkedIn, and submitting your resume to virtual job fairs is a great place to get started.
2. Be an entrepreneur. Always wanted to open your own business or take on private clients? Now is your chance, when the economy is more open than ever to striking out on your own.
3. Don’t underestimate the power of a face-to-face meeting. It’s easy to lose in-person contact in the virtual age, but the impact of an interview or a handshake still stands when it comes to networking opportunities.
4. Make a daily practice out of talking about your job search. Whether it’s to a friend, your family, or to a prospective employer, communicating about the progress of your hunt is a good habit.
5. Prove to potential employers your value as a worker who can save them money or make them money. Interviewers won’t be able to resist this, as this is likely a determining quality that they are looking for in a candidate.