Jobs in Laguna Niguel, CA
- 385,225 Resumes
- 20,753 Jobs Available
- 65,448 Population
- $57,000 Average Salary
Laguna Niguel, California is an affluent community nestled midway between Los Angeles and San Diego with a population of 62,979, according to the 2010 U.S. Census. Located in South Orange County, it is surrounded by six sister cities and the residents enjoy a robust commercial and retail environment. Among its top employers are Costco, Wal-Mart and Home Depot. Learn more about its economic profile, including salaries and employment opportunities, so you can find jobs in Laguna Niguel.
South Orange County, which includes Santa Ana, Irvine, Anaheim and Laguna Niguel, has made strong economic growth. The unemployment rate is 4.3 percent which is below the U.S. unemployment rate of 5.3 percent. According to 2014 data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the largest occupations in the region are retail salespersons followed by general office clerks. The major sectors like business and finance, management; and office and administrative support have high a concentration of employment that is well above the national average for the same categories. The average weekly wage in the area is $1,020 while the average weekly wage in the U.S. is $1,048.
When it comes to searching for jobs in Laguna Niguel, CA, your resume is the key factor in getting hiring managers to call you for an interview. Its needs to stand out from the crowd while showcasing you as the ideal job candidate. You can do just that with these tips.
1. Use bullets when listing items. Incorporating this element into your resume’s layout makes it more reader-friendly.
2. Make it one page, if possible. Depending on how extensive your experience is, you can get away with a two-page resume. However, don’t go beyond two pages.
3. Don’t be afraid to be creative. Although Microsoft Word resume templates are convenient, they are pretty basic. You need to standout. So create a visually appealing layout that is suitable for your career field.
4. Be truthful. Don’t lie or overstate your skill, experience, credentials, and so forth. Simply highlight your strengths and present them in a positive light.
5. Provide complete contact details. Always include your name, address, home phone number, cell phone number and email address. List your website as well if you have an online portfolio of your work.
Locating jobs in Laguna Niguel, CA requires a positive outlook and effective job search strategies. These suggestions can help you land a job in a competitive market.
1. Contact hiring managers. There is nothing wrong with sending a short email letting the person know who you are, the positon you desire and what you can bring to the company. It is a way to show that you are proactive and driven without being pushy or overly aggressive.
2. Tap into your personal network. It’s been said “It’s not what you know. It’s who you know. ” Tell your social circle that you are seeking employment. Someone you know may have an inside track on a job opening.
3. Think outside the box. There are many ways to search for a job besides the classified ads. Join job-hunting groups, online job boards or professional associations in your field. This increases the likelihood of finding more employment opportunities.
4. Maximize social media platforms. For example, use your profile to showcase your experience, knowledge and expertise. Keep in mind that more employers are using social media to hire employees.
5. Follow-up on jobs leads. A lead may be your key to your new career or next job. Even if it doesn’t result in a job offer, you have made contact people who may consider you for future job openings.