Jobs in Laguna Hills, CA
- 385,499 Resumes
- 26,696 Jobs Available
- 30,972 Population
- $55,000 Average Salary
Laguna Hills is a city in Orange County, California that lies approximately 48 miles southeast of Los Angeles. As of the 2010 Census, the town had a population of 30,344. For data, this article will reflect values and information from the Los Angeles area. Read more about the city’s economic outlook, including average salaries and prospective employment, that can help you navigate the market and find jobs in the Laguna Hills-Los Angeles area.
Data from nearby Los Angeles shows that the area has been experiencing a very positive economic outlook. With an unemployment rate of 7.2 percent in November of 2014 and a much lower rate of 5.3 percent in November of 2015, the region now matches the average national unemployment rate of 5.3 percent. According to 2015 data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the Trade, Transportation and Utilities sector employs the largest number of people in the area. The Education and Health employment sector ranks as the second highest area of employment, followed by the Professional and Business sector. The largest occupations in the area are retail followed by office clerk occupations. The average weekly wage in the area is $1,120 while the average weekly wage is the United States is $1,048.
When it comes to hunting for jobs in Laguna Hills, you will need a spectacular resume that makes it stand out from the rest. Be sure to create a resume that highlights your qualifications instead of your past job duties. Show them you’re the best candidate and land that job with these helpful tips.
1. Try to find a resume layout that suits the job you want and tailor your resume to that particular job. If you can, create a layout of your own.
2. In your resume, tell your potential employer why you would be the best candidate for the job compared to the rest of the applicants.
3. Make sure to highlight your skills that work in almost every job setting. These would be skills like communication, self-management, critical thinking and interpersonal relationships.
4. Always try to bring a hard copy of your resume with you. This makes you look more professional than the candidates who do not bring a copy.
5. Tell the employer about your accomplishments in school as well as on past jobs. Be sure to mention any volunteer opportunities in which you’ve participated. Did you serve on any non-profit boards? Did you save a past company money or labor costs?
Finding jobs in Laguna Hills takes a positive attitude and some great job-seeking skills, but employers sometimes check candidates’ social media profiles to find the best match for their needs. These social media tips can help you reach your employment goals in any market.
1. Be sure to update all of your professional social media accounts with an accurate profile of your qualifications. If you don’t have a LinkedIn profile, create one. Link to as many people as possible in your field.
2. Make use of social media posts on Twitter and LinkedIn to network as much as possible. Use creative hashtags like “resume” and the hashtag “jobopportunity. ” These could also be helpful in your search.
3. Join professional groups on LinkedIn. These groups can sometimes help with job hunting, resume creation and tips on how to ace interviews. These tactics can be invaluable help because you’ll build skills as well as connections with qualified people.
4. Always remember that it is possible that your potential or current employer can and will read your comments on social media, so post appropriately. Make your personal profiles on social media “private. ”
5. Make sure to include a link to your resume and mention some of your best qualifications when you discuss finding jobs on social media. This can lead potential employers to you and help you get that important interview.