Jobs in LaGrange, GA
- 140,059 Resumes
- 12,215 Jobs Available
- 30,557 Population
- $53,000 Average Salary
LaGrange, GA is home to many opportunities for those who call the area home. This city is home to the oldest college in the state and is located near the ever-popular West-Point Lake, which provides plenty of fun in the sun during the warmer months. Despite this region’s charm and the possibility of development it offers, those looking for jobs in LaGrange, GA should take a moment to familiarize themselves with the local job market, available career opportunities and average pay they can expect to find. The following information can help those looking for employment opportunities in this area to make the most of their search.
This city seems to have much to offer potential employees when it comes to jobs in the service and transportation industries as a whole. LaGrange is a part of the Atlanta Combined Statistical Area. Information gathered from surrounding comparable areas of this division suggest that the unemployment rate in LaGrange stands at 4.4 percent, which is a great deal lower than the current national average of 5.3 percent. Unfortunately, the average rate of pay found in the region surrounding this city (between $700 and $799) is also significantly lower than that of the United States as a whole, which is currently $1,048. The most prominent industries in this portion of the state are the trade, transportation and utilities industry, the professional and business services industry, government, education and health services, and leisure and hospitality industry respectively. Among these categorizations, the most popular jobs in LaGrange and the surrounding regions are retail salespersons, laborers and freight, stock and material movers, customer service representatives and food preparation teams.
Whether or not an applicant has years of education and experience or practically none, the resume is what opens the door to jobs in LaGrange. While the opinion on what constitutes a good resume seems to be up for grabs, there are certain qualities which every employer looks for when reviewing these documents.
1. Use reverse chronological ordering when listing experience or education to make sure the most relevant and recent information comes first.
2. Do not include references directly on the resume. Usually, employers will inquire after this information later.
3. Check your resume for potential spelling or punctuation mistakes. Slip-ups can lead a potential employer to think an applicant is lazy or incompetent.
4. Avoid adding “fluff. ” This include information on hobbies or skills that are irrelevant to the position in question.
5. Ensure that contact information such as email addresses are appropriate and professional.
Finding a job in this city can be difficult, just as it is finding employment anywhere else in the United States. However, by keeping a few key things in mind, anyone looking for gainful employment in the LaGrange area can have a stress-free job hunt.
1. Do the research before attending an interview. Potential employers may be impressed by the initiative shown.
2. Attend classes or events which help those who are undergoing the application processes to learn about interviewing skills and much more.
3. Visit job fairs. Not only can it open up many career opportunities, but it can give any applicant a better feel for the local job market.
4. Maintain a strong, professional online presence on sites like Facebook and LinkedIn. As many as 45 percent of employers now look for potential employees online.
5. Build a resume which accurately portrays existing skillsets, and which argues why you would be excellent for the position being applied to.