Jobs in Lafayette, CO
- 755,838 Resumes
- 672 Jobs Available
- 27,081 Population
- $55,000 Average Salary
Lafayette is located in Boulder County and is about 13 miles from the city of Boulder. The 30,000 residents have easy access to a variety of outdoor activities such as hiking, biking, skiing, snowshoeing, and running. Despite all that the area has to offer, those looking for jobs in Lafayette will want to do their research and find out about job prospects in the area. The following will discuss the job market and even the average salaries of certain occupations.
The job market in Lafayette is pretty good compared to much of the nation. The unemployment rate is 2.8% which is quite a bit lower than the national average of 5.3%. The top industries in the area are government; professional and business services; trade, transportation, and utilities; and education and health services. Over the last year the industry with the greatest percentage of growth was the government, and the one with the biggest decline in growth was professional and business services. In regards to specific jobs in Lafayette and Boulder, the largest occupations are retail salespersons, food prep workers, and administrative assistants. The average weekly wage in the Boulder area is $1,137, which is higher than the nation’s average of $1,048.
Your resume can make the difference between landing the perfect job and being swept aside with all of the others. No matter what your past experiences have been or what industry you work in, a high quality resume is crucial. The following guidelines will help you write a top-notch resume.
1. Make sure that your resume is easy to read. This can be done by making your type flush left and by using a bulleted style.
2. Although there are online resume templates that you can use, they tend to be inflexible and make your resume look like everyone else’s. Use the templates as a guide, but use your own design.
3. While a one-page resume is ideal, those with years of experience will probably need to use two pages in order to highlight all of the important information. Keep it to two pages or fewer, however.
4. Make sure you can be contacted, without leaving too much personal information about yourself. It is best to include your city and state, one telephone number, and one email. If you have a website address that may highlight your skills, include that as well.
5. Never lie on a resume. This is one of the few rules in regards to resume writing.
Individuals looking for jobs in Lafayette may find that it is just as challenging as job searching in other cities. Those who go in with the right mindset tend to have a better experience. The following guidelines help jobseekers through the process.
1. Get your resume ready. This is especially important if it has been awhile since you have applied for a job. Make sure it is updated with all of your new experience and skills.
2. Be creative when searching for jobs. Attend job fairs, use online job search tools, let your contacts on LinkedIn know that you are searching, and talk to everyone you know.
3. Expand your career options. Consider using your skills in a different industry or occupation, or spend some time building new skills to help widen your choices.
4. Be positive and persistent. The job search process can be lengthy, and it is important to not let yourself get down. Follow up with all job leads, and don’t give up until you get an explicit ‘no’.
5. If you have the motivation and skills, consider starting your own business. It takes a lot of work, but it can be extremely rewarding.