Jobs in Lacey, WA
- 755,838 Resumes
- 6,106 Jobs Available
- 45,446 Population
- $59,000 Average Salary
In the northern part of Thurston County sits Lacey, Washington. This city was established as a suburb to Olympia, the state capital. As you search for jobs in Lacey, you have to learn more about the economic outlook than the geographic location. Gather introductory information about the local job market, career search, resume tips and salary statistics.
The United States unemployment rate is 5.3 percent, so the 5.6 percent unemployment rate in Thurston County shows that the job market is tough in this area. The top five performing industries are construction; trade, transportation and utilities; professional and business services; information; and government. Professional and business services has grown by 4.8 percent in the last year. The largest occupations are retail salesperson and combined food preparation and serving workers. The average weekly salary in the United States is $1,048, but in Thurston County it is only $914.
Your resume is an essential part of your job search. If you don’t build it well, it can hinder your chances of getting jobs in Lacey. Use these do and don’t tips to create an outstanding document:
1. Do focus on your accomplishments, experiences, skills, personality traits, education, training and standout qualities.
2. Don’t discuss unrelated skills, affiliations or hobbies.
3. Do design your resume with headers, bullet points, the table tool and left flushed text to create something that is unique and readable.
4. Don’t exceed two pages, instead try to stick to one and only go to two if you have enough experience to fill it.
5. Don’t feel restricted by the common resume writing rules because if you have a good reason many of the rules can be broken, but this should only be done if you have a really good, well-thought out reason.
One of the most difficult things about finding jobs in Lacey is knowing what sort of actions to take. Like in the rest of the United States, the entire process can be made easier if you know what to do. Use these tips during your job search:
1. Plan for your future. As you look for jobs you don’t necessarily have to look for your dream job right now. Instead you should try to find a company that you can grow in as the years go by. You might not be able to find your dream job, but you can plan for your future by finding a company that has the potential to lead you to your dream job.
2. Expand your network. As you look for jobs in Lacey, you should use your existing network to learn about openings, gather information about careers and get in touch with potential employers. As you make contact with people in companies that you want to work for, you should work to expand your network. Use email, phones and in-person meetings to grow your network.
3. Be proactive about your search. It may be tempting to just send out resumes and hope that something comes of that, but in this job market that doesn’t really work. You have to send out resumes, look for opportunities everywhere and keep the lines of communication open. Being proactive about you search means that you will keep contacting potential employers until you get a definitive answer.
4. Promote yourself. You should consider what you wear, what your body language is saying, how your resume looks and even what you share on social media. All of these features can be used to promote yourself.
5. Practice for the interview. Many jobseekers practice for interviews by answering common interview questions. You should do that, but you can do even more. Practice listening. This will ensure that you are always giving the best answer to the question that the hiring manager asked.