Jobs in La Puente, CA
- 199 Resumes
- 65,045 Jobs Available
- 40,735 Population
- $59,000 Average Salary
The city of La Puente, California is located in Los Angeles County and offers close access to jobs in the Los Angeles-Long Beach-Santa Ana Metropolitan Statistical Area. La Puente is a suburb 20 miles east of downtown Los Angeles and has a population of about 39,816 residents, according to the 2010 U.S. Census. Get a peek into the economic outlook, including average salaries and job prospects, which can help uncover jobs in La Puente.
Between 2014 and 2015, the unemployment rate in the Los Angeles area declined from 7.3 percent to 5.5 percent, which is higher than the average national unemployment rate of 5.3 percent. According to 2015 data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the trade, transportation and utilities sector employs the largest number of people in the greater Los Angeles area. The second highest area of employment is the education and health services sector, followed by professional and business services. The largest occupations in the Los Angeles-Long Beach-Santa Ana area are led by retail salespersons, followed immediately by general office clerks. The average weekly wage in Los Angeles County is $1,120, which is more the average weekly wage in the United States, which is $1,048.
When it comes to tracking jobs in La Puente, your resume is your personal brand. Use the following advice to make it attention-grabbing.
1. Incorporate keywords to help employers find your resume in databases. Words that describe your skills, responsibilities, school names, company names, job titles, and job-specific terms are the best keyword choices.
2. Write a branding statement that identifies the job or position that you are seeking. Inform your audience of what makes you unique and distinctive, as well as how your accomplishments improved the organization.
3. Include a summary or a profile section to tell recruiters and hiring managers who you are and what you will contribute. It should be between two to four sentences that communicate your skills and strengths.
4. Do not forget to include your contact information on your resume. The required information includes your city, state, phone number, and email address.
5. List transferrable skills and show examples throughout your resume about how you used these skills in positions you’ve held. Depict the skills to support what you wish to do in your next position.
Finding jobs in La Puente takes a mixture of using job-seeking tips and having a positive attitude. The following advice can help you score your next position in the current job market.
1. Work on your job search plan. Be prepared for the long haul and have the attitude that you will search for the right job for you, no matter how long it takes. Use all available digital and traditional resources, from online job search tools and websites to print newspaper ads and in-person job fairs.
2. Attend job search training sessions hosted by support groups, job clubs, or libraries. Take assessment tests to help identify your career interests and skills. Once you’ve done this, you are ready to prepare a focused resume.
3. Networking is vital. Contact all your connections, including your friends, relatives, neighbors, and former colleagues and classmates. Also use social media websites such as LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook to let people in your social networks that you are job hunting and what type of position you are seeking.
4. Be proactive and persistent in your job search. Research possible employers, read professional journals, and consult career resources. Arranging informational interviews helps you learn more about a company or a job. Keep in touch with potential employers until they have given you an emphatic “no” decision about your job candidacy.
5. Stacy positive and keep in touch with trusted people to talk about your feelings and concerns during your job search. Reduce stress by participating in activities you enjoy. Make sure to exercise, eat healthy and sleep well.