Jobs in Kingsport, TN
- 755,838 Resumes
- 3,363 Jobs Available
- 53,028 Population
- $62,000 Average Salary
Kingsport is located the eastern portion of Tennessee and is the largest city in the Tri-Cities area. The area is known for its location on the Holston River, which made it an important port town in the past. It is also the headquarters for the Eastman Chemical Company. If you’re looking for jobs in Kingsport, Tennessee, you will want to learn more abut the job market, average wages and the top industries.
The largest nearby metropolitan area reporting average weekly earnings is Knoxsville, so those looking for jobs in Kingsport, Tennessee, can use this figure, which is $860, when comparing to the national average earnings of $1,048. Additionally, the unemployment rate in the area is at 5.2%, which is comparable to the national average of 5.3%. The largest industries in the area include trade, transportation and utilities, manufacturing, education and health services, government, and leisure and hospitality. The largest occupations in the area are cashiers, food preparation and service workers, retail salespersons, team assemblers, and customer service representatives
You want your resume to be strong and professional so that it presents you in the best possible light. As you search for jobs in Kingsport, Tennessee, your resume is going to be like your business card. It will tell employers that you are ready to get to work. Here are some tips to make sure it is in good shape.
1. Use bullets. Bullets are much easier to read and skim over. Remember that hiring managers are reading many resumes, so make yours easier to read by using bullet lists for skills and job experience.
2. Keep your resume focused so it is highlighting the skills and experience that make you ideal for the position you are applying for. Hiring managers will really only be interested in relevant information anyway, so make sure it is standing out in your resume.
3. Always read over your resume to be sure that there are no grammar mistakes, organizational errors or misspellings. Things like this look very unprofessional and show a lack of attention and focus.
4. Update your resume if you haven’t in a while. Make sure it follows modern formats and that you remove any outdated information. Be sure your most current achievements, job experience and education are in your resume.
5. Don’t include references or mention them on your resume. Employers don’t expect references on resumes any more and will ask for them if they want them.
Finding jobs in Kingsport, Tennessee, can be made easier if you prepare for the job hunt. Here are some tips to help you get ready to find your new job.
1. Start networking. Spread the words that you are looking for jobs in Kingsport, Tennessee. Getting your name out there can catch the attention of employers and snag you some good job leads.
2. Don’t give up. It can take some time for you to find a job, so be prepared to work at it. You should treat it like a job and work at it every day if you want to succeed.
3. Always check back after submitting your resume or application or completing an interview. Checking in lets the employer know that you are serious. Don’t stop until you are told the position is filled.
4. Use your local job office. They usually offer job lead lists and can help you get your resume in order. They may also offer help with preparing for interviews.
5. Build a solid social media presence. Make sure your social media accounts are professional. Many employers now use social media to check out candidates, advertise jobs and look for potential employees.