Jobs in Killeen, TX
- 755,838 Resumes
- 610 Jobs Available
- 138,154 Population
- $50,000 Average Salary
Killeen, TX might not be as popular as Austin (which is only an hour away), but that doesn’t mean there isn’t anything to do if you choose to move there. Killeen hosts the Texas Thunder Speedway and the Mayborn Planetarium and Space Theater, as well as many outdoor attractions to help spend your time. Of course, if you are planning to move to Killeen, you will probably need to check out their job market, follow up on any job prospects, and compare salaries to the national averages. By looking at some of the information below, you will have a glimpse of the type of information you will need to look into.
While the unemployment rate in Killeen is currently at 4.5 percent, that is only half a percentage lower than the current national average. In terms of employment numbers, Killeen has the most workers in the Food Preparation sector, which also includes Fast Food Workers. The next highest category are Retail Salespeople, which are then followed by Office Clerks and Cashiers. Registered Nurses are fifth, with close to four thousand people employed according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Keeping your resume up to date is one of the best things that you can do for yourself, especially since that is the first thing that an employer will see. A poorly done resume will only do more harm than good. Go through these tips to help get you started on the path to a stellar resume.
1. Grammar and punctuation do matter, so make sure you don’t have any mistakes that an employer might catch. Don’t assume that they will let a small mistake simply slip by.
2. Also think about the design, and how you want your information laid out. You don’t want to be too minimal, but you also don’t want to go overboard.
3. Use bulleted lists to organize your experience and information. This will make your resume easier to read.
4. Focus on your accomplishments and not on the job duties. You want to show what value you can add to an organization, not provide a list of things that are expected of you.
5. Do not lie on your resume. You might think you won’t get caught, but do you really want to risk it?
Whether you choose to move to Killeen or any other city, you will still need to come up with an action plan to help you in your job search. Use the following tips as a guide to help get you on your way.
1. When it comes to salaries, don’t go overboard. Yes, you need to get paid what you are worth, but you also need to be realistic.
2. Stay positive when it comes to your job search. A negative attitude will only hurt you in the long run.
3. Networking is key to finding a new job, so you will want to see if you can connect with anyone on LinkedIn or other social media outlets. They might be able to provide valuable insight for your search.
4. Don’t overwhelm your contacts with requests for job information.
5. Have your resume ready to go, which means it needs to be polished and up to date.