Jobs in Kettering, OH
- 9,478 Jobs Available
- 55,705 Population
- $59,000 Average Salary
Kettering, Ohio is located in the Dayton Area and is a small, scenic city that has drawn a significant business interest to the state. The city maintains a small feel with its population of approximately 56,000. The city is a strong economic force in the area with five large employers that support the community. Finding the best jobs in Kettering can be easier if you come to understand the job prospects, the local job market and normal salaries.
Kettering is located in the Dayton area and has had a decrease in its unemployment rate between 2014 and 2015. The unemployment rate dropped from 5.0% down to 4.2%. Both of these unemployment values are well below the national average of 5.3%. The two biggest employers in the region are education and health services followed by trade, transportation and utilities as determined by the Bureau of Labor statistics 2015 data. The next top three employers in the area are government, professional and business services and manufacturing. Professional and business services have shown a 6% increase in jobs from 2014 to 2015. Salespersons followed by cashiers are the most prevalent jobs in the area. The average weekly wage for jobs in Kettering is $868 and is lower than the national average of $1,046.
Your resume is a critical element in helping you to get a job anywhere in the United States. Regardless of your industry, experience level and skills, the following important factors will help improve the quality of your resume.
1. Keep your resume concise and generally around two pages. This makes it easier for hiring manager to read and remember you skills.
2. Include multiple ways to contact you in your resume, including email, phone and a mailing address.
3. Avoid using personal pronouns in your resume. Excess use of personal pronouns can give the hiring manager the wrong impression of you.
4. List your jobs in reverse chronological order to highlight your most recent experiences.
5. Make sure that your resume outlines your accomplishments, not just your job responsibilities. These communicate that you are successful and able to complete job tasks well.
Similar to finding jobs in other cities throughout the United States, the following five tips will help you have more success in finding jobs in Kettering.
1. Use social media and online resources to boost your online presence. Your social media profiles should speak to your strengths and help you to look like a strong candidate for the job. Take time to remove embarrassing images or content that could distract hiring managers from your skills.
2. Be persistent and follow up with all of the jobs to which you have applied. Although you might want to wait for hiring managers to contact you, their schedules and demands might make it challenging for them to keep up with their workload. Show them your dedication by keeping in contact with them until you get a definite “no” or “yes. ”
3. Be prepared for a long job search. Looking for the right job can take time and great effort. It is important to remember that even if it takes a year to find the right job, you will be proud with the result when you find it.
4. Be confident in your skills. Hiring managers can sense your confidence. Recognize your worth and be ready to share your skills.
5. Continually expand your network. Your network will be the most efficient way to connect you with the best jobs.