Jobs in Keizer, OR
- 41,219 Resumes
- 5,397 Jobs Available
- 37,303 Population
- $56,000 Average Salary
Keizer, Oregon, was named after the Kiezur brothers, but during the translation of donation land claims the name was misspelled. Keizer sits in Marion County. You need to learn more about the economic outlook of the area as you search for jobs in Keizer. Gather information about the local job market, career search tips and even salary data.
The 5.6 percent unemployment rate in the greater Salem area tells you that the job market is challenging, especially when you consider the national unemployment rate of 5.3 percent. The top five performing industries in the area include trade, transportation and utilities; professional and business services; education and health services; government; and manufacturing. These industries have grown an average of 3.4 percent over the past year. Retail salespersons, office clerks, registered nurses, farmworkers and cashiers are the five largest occupations in the greater Salem area. The average weekly wage in Marion County is $811 while in the greater United States it is $1,048.
Your resume is an essential part of the job search. Often it is looked at as the calling card of professionals. Use these tips to build a resume that is full of essential information:
1. Create a summary that highlights the skills, experience and personality traits that you have that make you a good fit for the job.
2. Create a standout section that focuses on important and transferrable skills you have.
3. As you discuss your experience, think of it in terms of accomplishments to help yourself standout.
4. Try to focus on experience that is both recent and relevant.
5. Avoid sharing irrelevant information about your high school education or unrelated skills.
Finding jobs in Keizer is really no different than finding jobs in the rest of the United States. You have to take the right actions, make plans and know how to promote yourself if you want to be successful. Use these tips to ensure that your job search goes smoothly:
1. Make a plan. To start off the search, you have to make a plan. This can mean figuring out what type of job you are looking for, coming up with an organizational strategy and even revamping your old resume. This step is crucial because it can help you get in the right mindset for a grueling job search.
2. Recreate your social media. Often social media is full of pictures of fun nights out and borderline inappropriate jokes. However, if you are looking for jobs in Keizer, you have to recreate your social media so it is professional. Share information about your skills and experience in the description area. Share articles on your page to show that you know what’s going on in your field. Many employers use social media as a place to find and vet candidates, so you have to make sure that your pages will stand up to the test.
3. Promote yourself. Throughout the entire search you have to think about the way you promote yourself. This includes social media and so much more. You have to think about the way you dress and your nonverbal cues. You should think about how you communicate with potential employers and even really work on your resume.
4. Practice for your interview. Go over common interview questions. Practice introducing yourself. You should even make sure that you practice listening. Going over all of these different aspects of the interview process will better prepare you for the real deal.
5. Make connections. If it turns out that you’re not right for the position or you don’t want to work for the company in question, you should still use the time to make connections. You can build your network up throughout the job search process. Making connections now will help you in the future if you ever need a new job or are looking for someone to hire.