Senior Salesforce Consultant
Title: Senior Salesforce ConsultantLocation: Baltimore, MD and Boston, MAJob Typ...
Sr. Salesforce Developer
NorthShore Resources has a need for Sr. SalesForce Developer for a 6 month proje...
Lead Salesforce Developer
Key responsibilities Perform configuration and customization of the Salesforce....
Salesforce Tcrm Developer Analyst
Principal Responsibilities: Leverage TCRM Salesforce platform to design, devel...
Salesforce Tcrm Developer/Analyst
Principal Responsibilities: Leverage TCRMSalesforce platform to design, deve...
Salesforce Ui/Ux Designer
Responsibilities: Participate in strategy and brainstorm sessions with Distribu...
Salesforce Techno-Functional Consultant
INADEV is a recognized SBA 8(a) certified SDB based in McLean, VA since 2011. We...
Salesforce Product Manager
The Accrue Product Manager for Digital Lending manages product strategy and crea...
A developer helps design, code and implement the key technical components of the...
Job Title: Salesforce Developer Location: Chicago, IL (Remote) Duration: Full-...
More about salesforce jobs
Salesforce is one of the world's dominating customer relationship management (CRM) platforms helping businesses manage their entire marketing and customer services at one platform. There are many Salesforce jobs such as Salesforce developers who design and program applications, network engineers who customize the Salesforce platform for businesses, etc. Most Salesforce professionals have a bachelor's degree in computer science or a similar field and experience working on CRM platforms or project management. The Salesforce job outlook, which includes software developers, quality assurance analysts, and testers, is expected to grow by 22% for 2020-30.Most In-Demand Salesforce Jobs
The Salesforce job options for individuals with a degree in computer science and CRM experience are plenty. Here are some of the most in-demand Salesforce jobs:
- Salesforce Architect: The Salesforce Architect is responsible for leading the design of Salesforce's core architecture and platform. The Architect designs and implements the database architecture for new solutions or improves existing solutions and customizes the Salesforce platform to suit the customer's specific business needs. Apart from education, this Salesforce job can require certifications in cloud management, data architecture, and other credentials.
- Salesforce Administrator: The Salesforce Administrator is responsible for the day-to-day administration of the company's Salesforce environment. It includes ensuring all users have the appropriate access, resolving issues with users and groups, and general maintenance of the application. This Salesforce job requires education and Salesforce Administrator Certificate.
Apart from these typical job roles, professionals with industry knowledge and experience can become functional managers, technical consultants, and DevOps specialists.Salesforce Jobs Average Salary
The median average salary of Salesforce professionals is about $110000 a year. However, salary ranges can differ based on experience and technical knowledge of Salesforce applications. Here is a glance at the average salary for Salesforce jobs (according to Payscale):
- The average starting salary for a Salesforce developer is $65000. On the other hand, those with 5-9 years of experience earn more than $102000.
- The entry-level Salesforce or solutions architect receives on average $74158 a year. Mid-career solutions architect professionals have an average annual wage of $116000.
- A Salesforce administrator with less than a year of experience earns about $56000 per year. Meanwhile, an advanced administrator with 5-9 years of experience receives annually $81000 on average.
The career advancement in Salesforce jobs comes with multi-level certifications and extensive knowledge of Salesforce platforms.Salesforce Jobs Career Qualifications and Skills
Salesforce jobs typically have the same education and skill requirements as for software developers or database developers. In addition, Salesforce provides various certifications for young graduates looking for a career in this industry.Educational Qualifications
A bachelor's degree in computer science or a closely related discipline like engineering or mathematics is usually required for software developers, quality control analysts, and testers. Also, candidates can boost their employment opportunities by obtaining Salesforce certifications, such as:
- Salesforce Certified Administrator
- Salesforce Platform App Builder and Developer
On the other hand, some Salesforce jobs like Salesforce Certified Development Lifecycle and Deployment Designer require completing seven mandatory certifications.In-Demand Skills
Apart from technical skills, candidates with these skills are often most preferred.
- Innovative mindset: Software developers, QA analysts, and testers must be creative when creating, recognizing, and improving the computer software. They must also be open to new ideas.
- Attention to Detail: Although detail-oriented is ideal for most job roles, this is truer for Salesforce developers and architects. Because they must concentrate on various parts of an application or system simultaneously, they must be detail-oriented.
- Problem-solving and analytical skills: Software developers/platform architects often work on a project from start to finish. So they must be able to resolve issues that develop during the design and completion.
Besides education and specific job skills, good interpersonal and communication skills can also be advantageous for candidates looking for a career in Salesforce.Salesforce Jobs Interview Tips
Every job interview usually consists of two parts: accessing your technical capabilities required for the job role, and second is your suitability for the job. Therefore, after applying for a Salesforce job, ensure you have practiced technical questions and standard interview questions such as:
- What drew you to Salesforce?
- What makes Salesforce such an effective tool for project management?
- How was your experience developing a complex Salesforce application?
Additional Tipsfor Salesforce Administrator: Your understanding of cloud computing, particularly in areas like PaaS, SaaS, and IaaS, will undoubtedly come up during the interview. So brush up your knowledge to ace the technical interview round.