pharmacy technician jobs
Pharmacy Technician - Managed Care Woodland Hills, CA ***Must be a Pharmacy Tec...
Long-Term Care Pharmacy Technician
Jackson Pharmacy Professionals is a nationwide pharmacy-specific staffing and ...
AssistRx has engineered the perfect blend of technology and talent to provide li...
Pharmacy Technician We are looking for a dependable Pharmacy Technician that wi...
Pharmacy Technician - Travel's Welcome
Jackson Pharmacy Professionals is currently hiring for a two full-time Inpati...
The Role:Phil is looking for a full-time Pharmacy Technician in our Scottsdale, ...
Hospital Pharmacy Technician - Traveler's Welcome
Jackson Pharmacy Professionalsis currently hiring for a Hospital Pharmacy Tech...
Pharmacy Technician - Travel's Welcome
Jackson Pharmacy Professionals is currently hiring for a full-time Inpatient ...
Pharmacy Technician (Certification Not Required - No Experience Necessary)
Why ThedaCare? ThedaCare's reputation for providing outstanding, individualized...
Basic Requirements: U.S. citizenship. Non-citizens may be appointed when it is n...
More about pharmacy technician jobs
Pharmacy Technicians mostly work as an assistant to pharmacists to deliver prescription medication to patients or health care providers. However, the Pharmacy Technician job can also consist of various tasks within a pharmacy, including but not limited to: preparing and delivering medications to patients, maintaining the cleanliness and organization of the pharmacy, and assisting with administrative tasks. In addition to working in pharmacies, pharmacy technicians can also find employment in healthcare facilities, such as pharmacies in drugstores, department stores establishments, and supermarkets. On-the-job training is typical for pharmacy technicians, but they can also complete a pharmacy technology degree program after finishing high school. In addition, a pharmacy technician usually has a state license or training completion certification. According to government estimates, there will be 31,700 new positions every year between 2020 and 2030.Most Common Pharmacy Technician Jobs
The pharmacy technician jobs are available in various establishments. Although the job title remains the same, working in retail, hospitals, or other establishments can have additional responsibilities.
- Retail Pharmacy Technician: A Retail Pharmacy Technician helps a pharmacist in filling and labeling medications, controlling inventory, interacting with insurance providers, and fulfilling customer orders. As well as taking prescription orders over the phone, they may have to move prescriptions from one pharmacy to another.
- Compounding Pharmacy Technician: A compounding pharmacy differs from a typical retail pharmacy in that it specializes in serving customized prescriptions for customers. This role can have similar responsibilities as someone working in a retail pharma. However, it can require pharmacy calculation skills and accurate preparation and labeling of medicines for customers.
- Hospital Pharmacy Technician: The Hospital Pharmacy Technician is responsible for assisting the pharmacist in the daily operations of a hospital pharmacy. Hospital pharmacy technicians can also manage hospital compounding facilities on- and off-site to ensure regulatory compliance.
In addition to these pharmacy technician job roles, one can find employment in government agencies, pharmaceutical industries, and health insurance companies.Average Salary of Pharmacy Technicians
Certified pharmacy technicians can expect a starting salary of $25000. However, the reported median annual wage is about $35100. Moreover, the average hourly pay differs for pharmacy technicians depending on their experience and employment sector. According to Payscale:
- An entry-level pharmacy technician can get $12.61 per hour.
- Those with 4-5 years of experience receive an average compensation of $13.81 an hour.
- Experienced pharmacy technicians (10-19 years) have an average hourly wage of $17.41.
- Most experienced pharmacy technicians with over 20 years of experience can get $19 an hour.
The minimum educational requirement for a pharmacy technician job is a high school diploma or equivalent. Most people receive on-the-job training after employment. A one-year degree program in Pharmacy Technology can also make you eligible for most pharmacy technician job roles. However, post-secondary education can be a preference for some employers.Certifications and Licenses
Pharmaceuticals, in general, is a highly regulated industry. So completing a certification program can be essential to work as a pharmacy technician in most states. Although you can find job opportunities without certification, having one can undoubtedly boost your employment prospects. The certificate is available from two organizations:
- Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB): It is available for those with a high school diploma.
- National Healthcare Association (NHA): The eligibility criteria are a high school diploma and at least one year of experience.
- Arithmetic skills
- Helpful and polite in dealing with customers
- Verbal and written communication
- Time management and good organizational skills.
When applying for the pharmacy technician job, be prepared for various interview questions, including technical, general, situational, and questions accessing your personal qualities. You can face the interview confidently by following these helpful tips:
- Practice answering questions about yourself, including personal strengths/weaknesses, professional experience, educational background, and others.
- Revise pharmacology terminologies and browse through the latest industry developments.
- List all the necessary techniques about drug labeling, storing medications, calculating doses, filling prescriptions, etc.
- Brush up your knowledge about the pharmaceutical regulatory framework.
With these pointers, you can do well in your pharmacy technician job interview.
What companies are offering pharmacy technician Jobs?
pharmacy technician Jobs in Walgreens
pharmacy technician Jobs in Kroger
pharmacy technician Jobs in Unitedhealth Group Inc.
pharmacy technician Jobs in Hy-Vee
pharmacy technician Jobs in Rite Aid
What are the top locations offering pharmacy technician Jobs?
What are the other job titles similar to pharmacy technician?
How many jobs are there for pharmacy technician?