personal assistant jobs
Nanny / Personal Assistant
Personal assistant/Childcare for 2 children in San Diego. Temporary position sta...
Personal Assistant To Founder At Boutique Venture Capital Firm (Larchmont, NY)
Our client, a Founder/Managing Partner of a NYC Venture Capital firm is looking ...
Personal Assistant To Associate Pastor | Chris Cruz
This positions primary objective is to assist Bethel's Associate Pastor in ways ...
Household Personal Assistant
Looking for an exciting and engaging part-time job? Want an opportunity to grow ...
Hiring Immediately for vaccinated Caregivers to work in the homes of adult and e...
Real Estate Brokerage and Law Firm seeks responsible Personal Assistant to provi...
Personal Assistant For Busy Female Entrepreneur CEO In Puerto Rico
Personal Assistant Needed For Female Entrepreneur Mom We are a busy family in ne...
Personal Assistant To The Chief Executive Officer
The CEO to a global leading direct access trading firm is seeking a dedicated an...
Personal Assistant (M/F/D) Based In Munich In Full- Or Part Time (Job Sharing)
Job Purpose/Role We're looking for a Personal Assistant at Allianz Global Corpo...
Personal Assistant (M/F/D) Für Den Standort München In Voll- Oder Teilzeit (Job Sharing Möglich)
Ihre Rolle Wir sind auf der Suche nach einer erfahrenen Personal Assistant (m/w...
More about personal assistant jobs
The requirement of a personal assistant varied largely depending on the requirements of the employer or industry. These professionals perform a wide variety of routine tasks to help their supervisors. With professionalism and excellent communication, a personal assistant may also require having basic educational qualifications and a diverse skill set to advance in this career.Some Roles and Responsibilities of a Personal Assistant
A personal assistant may be hired to perform different duties and responsibilities which help them gain experience in this field. This also helps these professionals to advance in this career option and be promoted to work as office managers, secretaries, and administrative assistants. Some of the typical responsibilities of a personal assistant include:
- Take calls and schedule meetings and appointments
- Organize work calendar and confirm availability of clients, investors, stakeholders, etc.
- Maintain and record meeting minutes, deals, or client details
- Deliver and pick up a business or company-related documents/correspondence from different locations.
- Perform various administrative and housekeeping tasks (depending upon the job profile)
Some of the popular and highest paying cities in the United States for personal assistants are New York, Los Angeles, Austin, San Antonio, Chicago, Phoenix, Sacramento, and Portland. The salary of a personal assistant in America varies largely based on job location, employer, geographical area, educational qualifications, and experience.
- The entry-level personal assistants with 1 to 4 years of experience may make somewhere between $14 to $15 per hour.
- Many employers offer around $16 per hour to professionals, having 6 to 9 years of experience in the relevant field.
- With over 10 years of experience, personal assistants can make somewhere between $19-$20 every hour. These professionals take up more challenging tasks as compared to entry-level personal assistants.
To perform different tasks within a personal assistant job title, you are required to showcase a balance between educational qualifications and various technical and personal skills.Educational Qualifications
The minimum requirement for the job of a personal assistant is a high school diploma or a GED, whereas some professionals may get a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Psychology, or Communication Studies to get hired for more complex responsibilities. You can also gain a degree or diploma in different courses like accounting, business communication, and writing, business law, and ethics, marketing, information technology, or corporate finance.Technical and Personal Skills
With relevant formal educational qualifications, you are also required to have impeccable technical, personal, soft, and analytical skills to perform different responsibilities as a personal assistant. Some basic skills are:
- Computer-based knowledge/ proficiency– to operate company systems and online tools to record data and information and manage appointments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Multitasking and organizational skills
- Customer relationship management
- Reading comprehension – to understand, decode business-related documents
- Listening skills– to note down all given instructions.
Regardless of a job title, employer, field, or industry, the significant factor in finding a job is to crack a job interview. Job interviews help employers or interviews to select the ideal candidate for a job profile; thus, they may ask you exceptional questions or take you through different screening processes. You need to prepare every bit of an interview beforehand to build a strong appearance and first impression among the interviewer(s). Here are a few tips that you can keep in mind before and during your job interview to get your dream job:
- Demonstrate your skills and work competencies – remember some of the essential traits of a personal assistant and showcase them in front of the employers/interviewers
- Be confident and answer all the questions patiently and calmly
- Prepare a few questions that you would want to ask the interviewer(s) regarding the job title, work culture, or company.
- Listen to their questions and statements carefully
Other than that, they may ask you questions related to your previous experience, availability, job relocations, and educational questions, so prepare these as well.
Additional Tip: Gain practical training for handling computer or company-based tools and software, including CRM system, data handling, spreadsheets, or MS Word as they may help you stand out among other job aspirants.
What companies are offering personal assistant Jobs?
personal assistant Jobs in Allianz
personal assistant Jobs in Hold Brothers
personal assistant Jobs in Bcl Search
personal assistant Jobs in Bethel Church Of Redding
personal assistant Jobs in Buckner International
What are the top locations offering personal assistant Jobs?
What are the other job titles similar to personal assistant?
How many jobs are there for personal assistant?