personal assistance jobs
DSP Personal Assistance (White Pine Area)
The MENTOR Network provides services for adults with intellectual and developmen...
Pass - Personal Assistance Services And Supports - DSP
Overview The Personal Assistance Services and Supports (PASS) worker helps fami...
Consumer Directed Personal Assistance Program Cdpap Brooklyn
At Elara Caring, we have an unique opportunity to play a huge role in the growth...
Personal Assistant To Associate Pastor | Chris Cruz
This positions primary objective is to assist Bethel's Associate Pastor in ways ...
Executive Assistant + Sales Coordinator
Who We Are:Songclip is the leading SaaS solution for powering music in your favo...
Nl-21-223 PC Maintenance Technician
Candidate is responsible for performing tasks which require touching the desktop...
Personal Assistant To The CEO (Part-Time)
The CEO of a global leading direct access trading firm is seeking a dedicated an...
Personal Assistants / Household Helpers / Organizers / Household Managers
We are a local, female-owned Personal Assistant Company based in Charleston, SC....
Caregiver For Charming, Older Woman (Outer SE Portland)
Are you looking for a meaningful caregiving job? If so, UCP Oregon might have th...
Who We AreAbodea is a growing proptech startup based out of Salt Lake City. We'r...
More about personal assistance jobs
Personal Assistance jobs entail providing administrative support to a senior manager or director. In this role, the individual performs clerical and administrative tasks as directed by senior staff members. The Personal Assistant (PA) is responsible for their employer's day-to-day personal and professional needs, including scheduling meetings, correspondence, research, and other tasks. The PA will also provide administrative support such as arranging travel plans and expense reports. Entry-level personal assistance positions may require a high school diploma and knowledge of office tools. On the other hand, administrative assistant jobs in medical and law offices require specialized expertise and relevant subjects. Although personal aides and assistants are employed in practically every business, the medical, academia, and technical industries dominate the career.Most Common Personal Assistance Jobs
- Personal Secretary: The personal secretary is responsible for the day-to-day running of the executive's life. The personal assistance job includes managing the executive's schedule, travel arrangements, correspondence, and personal matters. The private secretary also provides administrative support to the Executive team.
- Administrative Assistant: The administrative assistant is responsible for providing administrative support to senior executives. The daily work includes tasks related to the office organization, including desk setup, cleaning, filing, and other administrative duties. The administrative assistant will also be responsible for scheduling meetings, taking meeting minutes, and managing calendars.
- Executive Assistant: The executive assistant's primary responsibility is to provide administrative and managerial support to their executive. This includes a wide range of tasks, such as managing the executive's schedule, arranging travel plans, coordinating meetings, and preparing presentations.
- Virtual Personal Assistant: A virtual personal assistant is similar to a personal assistant. The only difference is that the former works remotely via enabling technologies. Most clients hire a virtual assistant to manage their electronic communication, recordkeeping, and calendar management.
In addition to these personal assistance profiles, there are several similar jobs such as Celebrity personal assistant, Real estate personal assistant, etc.Median Salary of Personal Assistance Jobs
Personal assistance jobs provide a decent average salary of $40,990. However, the pay can vary depending on the job profile and industry. According to BLS Occupation Handbook 2020,
- Executive assistants and executive administrative assistants earn $63,110 on average.
- Legal secretaries have a median annual salary of $48,980.
- A virtual assistant makes an average hourly wage of $19.90.
- According to recent data, professional and technical services are the highest paying sector for personal assistant jobs with a $46,990 annual salary.
Although personal assistance positions are available for all graduates, some industries may require graduation in particular subjects or certification in office administration. As mentioned earlier, most personal assistance jobs require a high school diploma or equivalent as a qualification; however, higher profiles need experience and a bachelor's degree.Educational Qualifications
- Besides a high school diploma or equivalent, a personal assistant must have etiquette for answering calls, technical vocabulary after training, ability to manage spreadsheets and word documents. A certification in any of these can prove helpful in hiring.
- An associate's degree can help with a profile like an executive assistant. Courses specific to an office or business settings can even prove helpful in quickly understanding the needs of the employer.
- Software Proficiency: A working knowledge of M.S. Office software is almost necessary as everyday tasks involve M.S. Word or Excel Spreadsheet.
- Organization: The job might require filing and maintaining reports, bills, orders, or claims.
- Communication: The essential skill of a personal assistant job is to have the right skills for greeting visitors, phone call etiquette, and interpersonal communication.
- Privacy and Confidentiality: The profile would involve dealing with administrative paperwork every day. So, discretion is necessary for a personal assistant job.
- Time Management: Some tasks would be time-sensitive and might require paying more attention based on the employer's needs.
Personal assistant jobs often require working under the supervision of a senior member of an office. Also, you can become a private secretary or handle the desk as a receptionist. However, the following interview tips can be helpful:
- The interviewer is going to ask questions related to work experience, skills, time management, etc. So, it would be best if you prepared for the FAQs associated with the job.
- The questions might also relate to multi-tasking and meeting deadlines, which is often a part of the job. If an interviewer asks such a question, you can state using a planner as a solution.
- Attentiveness, communication skills, and attire would play a vital role in hiring as the tasks would involve representing a senior person or the company.