Lead Devops Engineer (Python, Groovy, AWS Exp Required)
Syrinx Consulting Contract: 12+ month with extensions Framingham, MA - Onsite Re...
Java Developer With AWS (Gc/Citizens)
Job description Five years experience in Java Development. Proven experience in...
Senior AWS Cloud Architect
Introduction Elluminates Software believes thatSoftware Drives IT. Cloud We are...
AWS Sysops Administrator
You will be joining Near, one of the fastest growing Enterprise SaaS companies a...
Manager Consulting - AWS & Tableau
Tiger Analytics is an advanced analytics consulting firm. We are the trusted ana...
Software Engineer, AWS Architect
Silvertree is seeking creative engineers to help bring our product to life. Huma...
AWS Devops Engineer
We are CirrusLabs. Our vision is to become the worlds most sought-after niche di...
AWS Data Engineer
Data Engineers are responsible for developing data driven applications and data-...
AWS Engineer/Administrator (142)
AWS Administrator and Tools Admin (Reliability Engineer) will develop and suppor...
Sr. Financial Analyst, AWS AI And Machine Learning, AWS AI And Machine Learning
Job summary Come and be part of the Amazon AWS Artificial Intelligence finance ...
More about aws jobs
With the increasing demand for cloud computing by businesses, there has been a significant increase in demand for job system integrators, cloud developers, and related occupations. Amazon Web Services (AWS) has the largest market share in cloud computing, about 32%. Therefore, obtaining an AWS certification can open various career opportunities in cloud computing, especially AWS jobs. In addition, a degree in computer science, knowledge of one or two programming languages, along AWS certifications can also make you eligible for more rewarding jobs, like cloud administrator and solution architect.In-Demand AWS Jobs
AWS certifications have become almost a prerequisite for most cloud computing jobs, and the fact that these certifications are a perfect method to demonstrate one's expertise in a specific field. AWS is a vast area, and there are several AWS jobs you can pursue with the right degree and certifications.
- AWS Cloud Architect: The AWS Cloud Architect is a technical specialist who is deeply knowledgeable about AWS infrastructure and has a strong understanding of leveraging it for enterprise use. The architect designs and delivers cloud-based solutions for customers, including the design, development, and implementation of all aspects of cloud projects. You can become an AWS Cloud Architect if you have an AWS Solutions Architect certification with cloud computing expertise.
- Cloud Developer: The Cloud Developer is responsible for designing, developing, and implementing new cloud-based services and improving existing ones. They also work closely with the Cloud Architect to determine the best approach for a given business problem. Getting an AWS Developer Associate certification can open doors for many cloud computing jobs.
- DevOps Engineer: The DevOps Engineer is responsible for automating all of an organization's development and deployment tasks. The job responsibilities can include working on continuous integration, continuous delivery, monitoring, and deployment tools. Those with experience in network operations and system deployments along with AWS DevOps Certifications can enhance their candidacy for AWS jobs.
In addition to these AWS jobs, individuals with cloud computing certifications can find various career opportunities in the computer network, database management, system integration, and so on.Average Salary of AWS Jobs
In general, computer and IT job holders receive higher salaries than national annual wages for all occupations. Similarly, many AWS job profiles offer lucrative salaries and career advancements. For example, the average salary across different AWS occupations are (according to Payscale):
- The average annual salary for an AWS-Certified Solutions Architect Associate is about $115000, inclusive of all the employment benefits.
- A DevOps Engineer's yearly compensation ranges between $72k-$142k, and the average salary is about $100920.
- A Cloud Developer (Cloud Solutions Architect) has an average annual salary of $125813. However, the experienced cloud solutions architect makes more than $148000 on average.
As the cloud computing application and demand continue to grow, there are several career opportunities for IT professionals with the right skills and education. Most AWS jobs require candidates to have relevant education and AWS certification for the specific job role.Educational Qualification
AWS jobs are available for both degree holders and non-degree holders with extensive experience. However, earning a bachelor's in computer science or cloud computing can undoubtedly boost employment prospects for entry-level positions. Starting a career without a technical degree in AWS can be difficult, according to experts. The most crucial factor that determines the shortlisting process for an AWS job is AWS certifications.AWS Certifications:
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner: It is an entry-level AWS certification, essential for advanced AWS certifications. To become eligible for this exam, you must have at least six months of experience in the AWS cloud.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate: As a solutions architect, you'll need expertise in creating systems and applications on AWS to qualify for the AWS Certified Solutions Architect credential. In addition, you would need at least a year of experience with AWS to be eligible for the exam.
More experienced professionals with in-depth knowledge of the AWS platform can pursue AWS certification exams like AWS Certified SysOps Administrator and AWS Certified Solutions Architect Professional.Essential Skills
- Develop a firm understanding of AWS cloud services work.
- Keeping up to date with evolving cloud computing technologies
- Curious and always eager to learn new concepts
Whether you hone your skills via experience or getting an AWS certification, the ultimate goal is to get an AWS job. Here are some helpful tips for your AWS job interview:
- Practice technical interview questions: Brush your knowledge about cloud computing concepts, AWS platforms, and make notes.
- Answer with an example: For questions based on project management, make a statement with an example of how you worked on a similar project and what did you learn from it?
- Read Investor Relations: It may appear to sound unrelated to your interview, but it will help you answer better when asked about "what do you know about us?"
- Show leadership skills: Many higher AWS positions require directing hardware and software engineer teams for a project.