Use this professional created Delivery Driver job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
Delivery drivers are an integral part of many companies, as they distribute goods and transport items to various homes and businesses. These transportation specialists pick up, carry and drop off shipments and packages to their destinations in a timely manner.
Companies that wish to hire a reliable and safe delivery driver should post a delivery driver job description asking for a person who has a clean driving record. Drivers should be able to work well under pressure and meet tight delivery deadlines.
Delivery drivers must also be able to lift heavy packages and carry them a reasonable distance. They must also be able to sit and drive for considerable periods of time. This job may be somewhat physically demanding; however, most anyone who loves to drive can be a successful delivery driver.
Delivery Driver Job Description Template
Looking for a job that allows you to work independently and in a variety of settings? Our company is seeking a delivery driver who can take on the responsibility of transporting products to our most valued customers. As a representative of the company, the delivery driver must maintain a friendly and professional appearance and attitude. You must be able to safely navigate through various areas of the region in a timely fashion. As the point of contact for customers, you may field questions about the products or work to resolve possible problems. You will report back to management and communicate customer issues to get a satisfying resolution.
- Drive a delivery truck while following all necessary traffic and DOT regulations, ensuring that products are transported safely.
- Load and unload customer orders by checking the inventory order database in order to maximize time, accuracy and efficiency during the delivery process.
- Deliver product orders to customers while demonstrating a personable and positive attitude.
- Communicate with management or other team members when a problem arises, such as traffic, an accident or a missing or inaccurate order.
- Collect payments from customers as products are delivered by check, credit card or cash and maintain an accurate daily log of all money coming in.
- Resolve customer complaints as they come up and answer questions about product concerns when bringing new supply to clients.
- Lift large boxes of up to 50 pounds in the warehouse and into loading area while keeping up with a demanding schedule.
- Maintain a flawless driving record while representing the company with no tickets, at-fault accidents or incidents.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Experience as a delivery truck driver
- Ability to obtain a professional driver’s license
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Top communication and customer service skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Amazing attention to detail