Use this professional created Web Developer job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
Web developers are responsible for designing websites according to client needs. They may also be in charge of creating and testing applications for websites, writing code, and using a variety of programming languages. They work with other members of the team to determine the information each site will contain and consult with graphics designers to create an appropriate layout.
When creating a web developer job description, it is important to include the skills and qualities that you look for in the strongest candidates. This includes the ability to concentrate on a single task for an extended period of time and strong attention to detail.
A competitive candidate with the most to offer will also use creativity in designing websites and code for optimal results. They should also contain excellent customer service and interpersonal skills so they can effectively communicate with clients and team members.
Web Developer Job Description Template
If you have an established history of innovation and the ability to think outside of the box, you should definitely consider applying for the role of web developer at our successful, multinational company. We work with some of the biggest brands in the world, and you will be responsible for building remarkable, intuitive, and effective web pages on a regular basis. We are a company that values individuality and innovation, so freethinkers are welcome to apply. You will not only have the chance to hone your web developing skills but also grow professionally and personally in a supportive and creative environment. If you have web development experience and a willingness to put forth your best work for an award-winning company, don’t hesitate to contact us.
- Produce code of exceptional quality while keeping client and company needs in mind at all times.
- Work with designers, senior managers, and engineers to create phenomenal products and achieve goals set forth by the company.
- Expand, scale, and optimize various marketing and advertising sites and report any issues or technical glitches to the appropriate department.
- Collaborate with graphic designers and content creators on a regular basis, and discuss ways to make websites more responsive, visually appealing, and overall friendlier to users.
- Evaluate and periodically test new web-building technologies and apps, and report findings and opinions to senior staff members.
- Participate on the front-end development team and provide support and assistance to entry-level developers and programmers.
- Meet with the stakeholders and other prominent account holders, and discuss ways to expand their customer base by building or expanding current websites.
- Attend team meetings regularly and communicate progress and difficulties to department heads.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Proficient in HTML and CSS
- Comfortable working on a team
- Excellent communication skills
- Server administration skills
- At least three years of web development experience