Use this professional created Java Developer job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
Java developers design, create, and implement Java applications for businesses. They utilize programming and coding skills to ensure Java-based interfaces and components are fully functional. They generally are responsible for ongoing maintenance of the applications they develop, which involves troubleshooting and debugging.
A typical Java developer job description requires an associate degree in technology or web design. Some businesses prefer applicants to hold a bachelor’s degree in computer science or programming for more technical positions.
Because of the need to design website appearances, an ideal Java developer has demonstrated creativity. They should also possess customer service skills to respond politely to questions and requests. Knowledge of other programming languages such as HTML and SQL are preferred by organizations with specific needs.
Java Developer Job Description Template
Use and develop your skills in a challenging and productive environment. This Java Developer position entails a thorough knowledge of Java application design as well as the ability to use independent judgment when identifying and implementing solutions. Help our systems run smoothly by developing web-based applications that are tailored to our unique business needs. Your creativity, knowledge and independent initiative are vital to designing and implementing the applications that will do the best job. With opportunities for career growth, this position is great for talented developers who want to maximize their potential. Join our team and become an essential part of our company’s success.
- Analyze user requirements in order to set parameters for application and system objectives.
- Design and develop application user interface by analyzing requirements and available system, setting goals and priorities, designating tool sets, completing programming, and testing for effective function and quality control; use independent judgment and knowledge of our company’s goals in recommending and developing new applications.
- Coordinate requirements and schedules for applications development; ensure adherence to deadlines for all projects.
- Develop processes and guidance for application use; develop appropriate documentation and troubleshooting tools for application users.
- Troubleshoot development and usage problems; coordinate with IT team to create solutions to technological problems.
- Determine system problems and make recommendations for optimal solutions.
- Integrate developed or purchased applications into existing systems thorough database architecture design and server scripting that will ensure connectivity with networks, servers and search engines.
- Identify and design solutions for application and systems inefficiencies that will optimize functionality and user-friendliness.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- At least three years of Java experience
- Knowledge of database architecture and system design
- Experience in object-oriented programming and using build tools
- Good interpersonal communication skills and a high level of creativity and motivation
- Experience in designing scalable applications
- Familiarity with JVM