Use this professional created Information Security Analyst job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
Protection of computer systems and networks is the primary responsibility of information security analysts. They accomplish this through the installation of data encryption programs and firewalls. Monitoring networks and investigating security breaches are also top duties. In short, they use the latest information technology and security measures to protect sensitive information and guard against cyber attacks.
This is an extremely specialized field requiring specialized education. A bachelor’s degree in a computer related field, such as programming or computer science, is the minimum requirement with many companies expecting an MBA in information systems. Previous work experience in information technology is also looked for.
Your information security analyst job description should emphasize analytical skills and ingenuity as a certain amount of detective work is required to isolate data security issues. Advanced problem-solving skills are necessary to resolve those issues and to prevent them from recurring.
Information Security Analyst Job Description Template
Do you have a passion for cutting-edge technology as well as information and computer security? If so, we would love to add you to our team of diligent information security analysts to manage and protect our complex network of information, systems, applications, and other products. You will have the chance to perform digital forensics, discover and analyze potential threats, develop countermeasures, and oversee implementation. We place a large amount of trust in our security team and provide the respect, compensation, and benefits our dedicated employees deserve. If you are looking for a job with a constant supply of new challenges and a chance to make a name for yourself in a widely-respected field, feel free to bring your expertise to our company.
- Create firewalls and encryption algorithms to protect data, conceal sensitive information during transmission, and guard against acceptance of tainted digital files.
- Conduct weekly intensive technical reviews of IT systems to identify areas of risk and develop plans for protection of digital data against unauthorized access, modification, deletion, and release.
- Monitor IT systems and users on a constant basis to ensure compliance with established computer security protocols, and provide appropriate discipline and training to violators of standard procedures.
- Oversee computer security files and network infrastructure to determine overall safety and perform corrective and preventative actions as necessary, including updating virus protection, downloading new software, and modifying access permissions.
- Complete bi-weekly risk assessments by analyzing security data, testing data processing systems, and studying known threats across various platforms and environments in order to formulate effective protective measures.
- Develop training courses as time permits for users to promote security awareness, enhance overall protection, and improve efficiency.
- Coordinate with in-house security and technical personnel as well as outside vendors to build or modify IT architecture and implement upgrades when necessary.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum two years of relevant work experience
- Proficiency in at least one development language, such as Python or Java
- Excellent communication skills with team members and customers
- Advanced degree in related field