Mechanic Job Description Writing and Posting in 3 Easy Steps
Use this professional created Mechanic job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
Mechanics are useful in both industrial and commercial jobs. Anywhere a machine might break down, there should be a mechanic. This technically-minded position includes duties dealing with diagnosing and fixing mechanical problems. Keeping up with current industry standards is very important.
The exact knowledge needed by a mechanic depends on the job, but most should know how mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems work. This knowledge comes with the ability to troubleshoot and communicate needs, like tools and parts.
Include the kind of office suite used at your place of business as required knowledge in a mechanic job description so digital communication can happen without a hitch. Good eyesight, strength and endurance are physical qualities to require.
Mechanic Job Description Template
As a recognized leader in the outdoor power equipment industry, we are looking for an energetic, goal-oriented person who enjoys working as a team. If you are an expert in the field and are seeking personal growth, we want you on our superstar team to support our expansion into new markets. We offer industry leading wages that include performance bonuses based on personal goals and training, and we cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. Experience the excitement of working in a team-oriented, fast-paced, and challenging environment as you work closely with management to build rapport and nurture trust with our customers.
- Diagnose and repair power equipment promptly to improve efficiency, ensure customer satisfaction, and boost profitability.
- Maintain a clean and organized personal bench and workspace to assist in running a uniform and consist shop.
- Learn from manufacturer webinars, online resources, coworkers, mentors, and books to advance efficiency and grow personally.
- Obtain industry and manufacturer certifications to comply with company policy and offer 100 percent customer satisfaction.
- Perform all repairs by following company guidelines, policies, and procedures as well as manufacturer’s troubleshooting techniques to guarantee customer satisfaction.
- Observe all safety procedures and industry-related regulations to ensure a protected working environment. Report potentially hazardous situations immediately, and follow manufacturer guidelines when using tools and equipment.
- Study and pass required modules on a monthly basis to comply with the ongoing company training programs.
- Attend training schools as needed to ensure understanding of new methods and procedures for machine repair and service.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Knowledge of hydraulic, electrical, and mechanical systems used to repair power equipment
- Proficient in using computerized repair systems
- Good eyesight correctable to 20/20 and hearing for diagnostics and troubleshooting equipment
- Ability to stand, squat, kneel, and lift up to 70lbs
- Willing to work flexible hours if necessary to meet customer needs
- Team player and self-starter
CREATE MY JOB DESCRIPTION
View More Skilled Trades Job Descriptions