Sales Manager Job Description Writing and Posting in 3 Easy Steps
Use this professional created Sales Manager job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
A sales manager is responsible for directing how the sales team distributes goods and services. Applicants must be comfortable setting goals, assigning sales territories, creating and implementing training programs, and helping team members to stay organized. It is largely a leadership position. Other duties may include preparing budgets, monitoring customer preferences, creating discount plans and dealing with escalated customer complaints.
Your sales manager job description should detail the fact that applicants must have excellent analytical skills to interpret data and make changes to sales plans as necessary.
Your job description should also indicate the need for communication and customer services skills as well as whether a bachelor's or master's degree is required.
Sales Manager Job Description Template
If you have previous experience in sales and are looking for a new position that will allow you to blend those skills with managerial duties, then we are offering you the position that you’ve been searching for. We are looking for a sales manager to help coordinate the efforts of our sales team in order to bring on new clients to contribute to the growth of our business. In this role, you’ll be responsible for providing the support needed to ensure the success of our salespeople, whether through generating leads, providing background information, or assisting in the close of a transaction. You will also be able to work closely with our management team in monitoring our sales efforts.
- Provide direction and support to our sales team members, along with the education and example needed in order to help guarantee their success.
- Generate sales leads by working closely with our marketing and advertising department and presenting information on our company at trade shows and conventions.
- Work with our management team as well as our salespeople in analyzing sales performance to develop ambitious yet attainable sales goals for the current fiscal year.
- Coordinate the distribution of leads to the members of our sales team according to each salesperson’s designated geographic area, and then follow up on those leads to help ensure that they result in customer conversion.
- Educate yourself on our entire portfolio of products so as to become a resource of information for both our staff and our customers.
- Travel with salespeople when necessary to meet with current and prospective clients to help resolve concerns.
- Suggest product improvements to our research and development departments based upon client feedback.
- Present quarterly reports to our management team detailing the sales team’s progression towards annual goals.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business-related field
- 5 years of experience in technical sales
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications as well as accounting and analytic programs
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- 1 year of managerial or supervisory experience or 8 years of experience in technical sales
- Prior experience in planning and/or data modeling
CREATE MY JOB DESCRIPTION
View More Sales Job Descriptions