Use this professional created Account Executive job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
Account executives are in charge of sealing deals with other companies that are interested in working with your corporation. These executives work to ensure projects have the proper amount of time and financing to succeed. They also provide support to clients who may require assistance down the line with getting the most out of your company’s service.
A bachelor’s degree is good to see. Additionally, it is vital to state in your account executive job description that you need someone with a history of working in customer service or client relations.
Account Executive Job Description Template
If yours is a professional, well-organized yet outgoing personality that enjoys working one-on-one with different people in various settings, then you may be just what we’re looking for in a new account executive. Ours is a growing firm whose consistent rise necessitates that we expand our account management team. With us, you’ll have the opportunity to personally manage the delivery of services to a vast portfolio of clients. This position offers a chance to travel across the country to not only strengthen the business relationships we have with our existing clientele but also to recruit new companies to subscribe to our service. Through it, you will have the chance to foster your own professional development working with clients across a wide array of industries.
- Function as the account manager and first point of contact for clients subscribed to our B2B service, ensuring that they’re enjoying all of the benefits that we provide while also working to resolve any concerns or issues that may develop regarding their service.
- Present our portfolio of services to the decision-makers of companies that have expressed interest in what we offer, detailing our service model and answering any questions that will help them to understand how our partnership will add value to their respective organizations.
- Coordinate all of the training and implementation efforts for those clients enrolled under your management portfolio, ensuring that adequate resources and time have been allotted to meet their stated goals in regards to going live with our service.
- Remain on-site with clients to oversee the initial stages of implementation to help assist in transitioning full ownership of the application of our services over to them.
- Provide ongoing support to those clients already up and running with our service, from resolving issues that arise in the delivery and function of our applications to keeping them apprised of updates as they are rolled out.
- Report to our management team on the progress of those clients in your portfolio on a quarterly basis.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- Prior experience in sales, customer service and/or client support
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 2-3 years of experience working in client relations
- Experience in delivering professional presentations in both small- and large-scale settings