Sales Assistant Job Description Writing and Posting in 3 Easy Steps
Use this professional created Sales Assistant job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
Sales assistants help customers by communicating product information, following up on orders in progress, and resolving complaints and problems. They also support sales staff by recording sales data, filing paperwork, and organizing accounts.
Sales assistants must have strong interpersonal skills, because the bulk of their work consists of communicating with customers. They should use their personalities both to engage with new clients and retain existing ones. To this end, it is beneficial for sales assistants to be outstanding writers and speakers.
In addition to customer service skills, your sales assistant job description should also emphasize the importance of organizational skills. Sales assistants are responsible for a great deal of information and paperwork, so they must be capable of managing it efficiently.
Sales Assistant Job Description Template
Our organization is on the lookout for the perfect individual who can fulfill the sales assistant role in our sales and marketing department. We are looking for someone who can help keep our account managers and salespeople at the top levels of success. The candidate we’re looking for is highly organized, has a strong attention to detail and strives to keep customers engaged and pleased with a helpful and positive attitude. This person is looking to get started in a career by providing outstanding service and support to a top team in hopes of advancing up the career ladder in sales. If you are someone who wants a little more out of your work day, this may be the right opportunity for you.
- Develop strong, positive customer relationships by providing information about orders, answering questions about products, checking in on problems and demonstrating top customer service skills at all times.
- Enter sales data information related to invoicing, customer information, product choices and other details related to shipping or payment on a necessary basis.
- Communicate politely and in a friendly manner with potential and existing customers or other individuals when answering the phone and taking messages.
- Update all files and computerized databases of information containing customer lists, sales leads and other related details while also checking for accuracy on a daily basis.
- Create an accurate appointment schedule for sales staff when customers or other individuals request a meeting.
- Provide various forms of written communication and correspondence support to sales staff when necessary in the form of letters, emails or notes composed and typed according to company procedures.
- Review all mailing materials received in the office and sort through written correspondence for staff members of the sales department.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- High school education or its equivalent
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Regular user of Microsoft Office, PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience in an office setting
- Bachelor’s degree or some college experience
- Comfortable working on several projects at once
CREATE MY JOB DESCRIPTION
View More Retail Job Descriptions