Use this professional created Assistant Manager job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
Assistant managers need to give customers the best experience possible while also ensuring all employees remain on task. Assistant managers often train new hires and oversee the line of communication between the lower level workers and upper management. They will also need to handle cash, communicate with suppliers and be able to demonstrate the benefits of a product to a customer.
A high school diploma can be useful. However, having prior experience working in retail is arguably more important to state in your assistant manager job description.
An assistant manager needs to be familiar with basic accounting principles. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a necessity. Finally, assistant managers will need to go to the store often, so a flexible schedule will come in handy.
Assistant Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a confident, outgoing individual to fill the position of assistant manager. Our goal is to provide our customers with the best possible service and also make sure that our employees enjoy their work. If you are a proactive person who loves hands-on problem solving, has a superior talent for working with customers and demonstrates strong leadership abilities, we would like to invite you to join our team. You will gain excellent experience in many areas within our fast-paced retail environment, where you will join a passionate team of customer service specialists, enjoy a competitive salary and have the opportunity to grow within the company.
- Learn, practice and enforce company standards for the workplace. Understand and follow safety regulations and procedures to ensure a safe workplace for self and others.
- Provide excellent customer service at all times by interacting and maintaining a positive, professional relationship with customers. Strive to ensure customer satisfaction with the product and the sales service.
- Learn about the products being offered and keep up to date with related trends.
- Demonstrate resourcefulness and integrity in customer service approach and when dealing with workplace challenges and issues among personnel.
- Show clear responsibility for completing necessary tasks and meeting company targets without extensive supervision.
- Provide staff training and strong leadership by organizing team meetings and discussing best customer service practices. Maintain clear communication with supervisors regarding any issues that may arise.
- Oversee handling of cash. Become familiar with and practiced in procedures for ordering and stocking of inventory. Maintain positive, open lines of communication with company suppliers.
- Exhibit strong financial and writing skills in report writing and financial reconciliations.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Flexibility in regard to schedule, including ability to work holidays and weekends
- Ability to communicate clearly via written and spoken word
- High school diploma or GED
- Prior retail and managerial experience
- Basic accounting skills