Use this professional created Real Estate Agent job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
Real estate agents help clients buy, sell, and rent properties by determining appropriate list prices, showing properties to potential buyers, and monitoring contract negotiations. They also generate business for themselves by finding new clients, advertising properties in their care, and promoting themselves and their agencies.
To best serve their clientele, real estate agents must fully understand the nuances of real estate laws and protocols. They become qualified to practice by taking real estate courses and then passing state licensing exams.
Real estate agents are responsible for marketing themselves and their properties, so they need robust business skills to be successful. Your real estate agent job description should emphasize the importance of interpersonal skills, since agents often make more sales when they can forge cordial connections with their clients.
Real Estate Agent Job Description Template
Do you have a charismatic personality and a strong desire to work hard for what you want? If so, you may have what it takes to be a real estate agent with our organization. We are searching for potential agents who are driven to the ultimate goals of financial freedom and success, and agents who have magnetic and warm personalities that help potential property buyers feel welcome. In this job you can achieve lucrative rewards with high commission potential by setting specific goals regarding the number of properties you’ll sell each month. If you want to be part of a family or other home buyer’s journey towards the house of their dreams, this may be the right position for you.
- Lead aspiring home buyers to a potential property and show the buyer all the home’s features and benefits.
- Listen to a client’s needs and preferences for a possible home purchase and search for matching properties that may be a good fit.
- Counsel a client in regards to property loan options, financing and other procedures related to mortgage lending so the customer gets a satisfactory loan package and interest rate.
- Work with clients trying to sell their home by evaluating the property’s condition, suggesting potential improvements and discussing a strategy to help initiate a quick sale.
- Analyze current market conditions and historical property sales in a neighborhood when necessary to help a client price a home competitively.
- Partner with clients during home buying or selling at the contract stage to help negotiate terms, submit an offer and determine offer suitability.
- Ensure that contract closing is in the best interest of the client by communicating with seller and buyer, the title company, the escrow company, the bank and the home inspector.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- High school diploma or an equivalency
- Currently licensed in real estate or working towards one
- Experience in customer service or working with the public
- Top communication skills
- Comfortable working independently
- Strong work ethic and the ability to go above and beyond