Use this professional created Property Manager job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
Property managers oversee and facilitate the rental of properties by communicating with tenants, collecting rent, and arranging for repairs and maintenance. They also resolve challenges with and between tenants and manage the finances of their facilities.
College degrees in business disciplines provide helpful foundations for property managers. Along with this background knowledge, property managers also need to be certified to manage properties in their states.
Property management requires a diverse skill set. Your property manager job description should list business and financial skills among its requirements, because these are essential to keeping tenants happy and facilities in good condition. Property managers also perform better if they can solve problems quickly and keep multiple categories of information organized.
Property Manager Job Description Template
Are you excited to join a dynamic company that rewards accomplishments, appreciates hard work, and fosters career advancement? If so, then join our superstar team that promotes collaboration, teamwork, and creativity. As a property manager, you are responsible for the efficient operation of the community as well as guiding your team to achieve occupancy and income goals by offering superior relationship management, sales skills, and customer service. By cultivating an atmosphere of current and proactive advertising and marketing efforts, you and your team members will increase the profitability and visibility of the community. Maintain an in-depth, ongoing awareness of economic trends and the local market by joining our innovative company!
- Complete monthly variance reports to calculate taxes, overhead costs, profit, depreciation, and goals, and focus on correcting areas that do not meet the anticipated budget requirements.
- Manage employee issues, including guidance, supervision, mentoring, and managing work performed by all on-site personnel.
- Generate and execute marketing strategies to comply with tenant dwelling industry standards to attract renters by advertising high-end vacancies and demonstrating advantages of services and location.
- Supervise the lease renewal process, including contract changes, rent increases, and renewals, and obtain referrals from current tenants.
- Prepare a periodic inventory of the property condition and building contents to resolve maintenance issues promptly, and survey local market prices to establish proper rental rates.
- Handle all lease contact details to provide tenants with accurate information for assessing the condition of the unit.
- Analyze maintenance operations to reduce overhead costs and increase productivity.
- Maintain accurate records to document work orders, preventative maintenance, inventories, and purchase orders.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two or more years of experience in property management or similar business operations
- Three years’ supervisory experience
- Proficient with MS Office and Outlook and competent in general computer skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to engage in financial and analytical decision-making