Housekeeper Job Description Writing and Posting in 3 Easy Steps
Use this professional created Housekeeper job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
Housekeepers clean private homes, hotel rooms, and other public and private residences. They often vacuum, sweep, make beds, change sheets and clean bathrooms. Some perform other duties as well, such as ensuring that appliances like televisions and light fixtures are working properly.
A housekeeper must be able to work efficiently under minimal supervision and generally for long periods of time. When writing your housekeeper job description, be sure to include information about how much the employee should be able to lift on a regular basis. The housekeeper must also know, or be taught, proper handling of chemicals and other supplies.
A good housekeeper will be team oriented and have strong attention to detail. Most housekeepers are required to have a high school diploma or GED.
Housekeeper Job Description Template
We are looking for housekeepers like you to play an invaluable role on our team, providing safe, sanitary conditions for residents, guests and fellow employees. You are responsible for the general maintenance and cleanliness of the facility as well as the sanitation of linens, floors and surfaces, including the proper handling of pathogens and other infectious materials. We are looking for applicants who are committed to team building, who pay close attention to detail and uphold the highest performance standards. Work with a top-notch crew of cleaning staff, and develop new, more efficient sanitizing methods that provide safer spaces for guests and employees. From commercial offices to hotels and residential communities, help keep our public spaces clean, safe and inviting to all.
- Maintain clean and sanitary conditions in all public spaces, including guest rooms, bathrooms, public spaces and recreational facilities on a daily basis.
- Follow a daily work regimen, completing tasks in an efficient, timely manner, including making beds, cleaning toilets, sinks, mirrors and floors.
- Keep guestrooms clean, comfortable and tidy, being mindful of occupant’s personal items.
- Check that all light fixtures, televisions and other appliances are operational and report any issues to management.
- Prepare rooms for guest or resident changeover, providing a clean, fresh environment for every new person that occupies the room.
- Expedite work among other members of the cleaning staff, coordinating effective approaches to the daily cleaning tasks, building trust and commitment throughout the team.
- Adhere to standard safety protocols, including EPA and OSHA regulations, and alert management of any hazardous or unsanitary working conditions.
- Act in a friendly and courteous manner toward residents, guests and fellow employees, and uphold the image and professional standards of the facility.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Ability to perform physical tasks, including continuous standing and heavy lifting up to 75 lbs.
- Previous experience in housekeeping or professional cleaning
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Experience in customer service and communication skills
CREATE MY JOB DESCRIPTION
View More Personal Services Job Descriptions