Use this professional created Licensed Practical Nurse job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
A licensed practical nurse’s job entails maintaining proper patient records, keeping an eye on patient vitals, offering fundamental patient care and making sure patients understand how to take care of themselves once they’re discharged. Additional duties often depend on the nurse’s work environment, such as physician office, hospital, nursing home and home healthcare services.
In your licensed practical nurse job description, be sure to note you desire applicants who pay attention to detail and have proven interpersonal skills. Practical nurses should be able to perform the required physical tasks with ease and properly communicate with patients and coworkers.
The role also requires a great deal of patience and compassion. You might also prefer someone who knows how to perform CPR.
Licensed Practical Nurse Job Description Template
Are you looking for a licensed practical nursing position that will be more than just a job? When you join our team of caring professionals, you will have the opportunity to practice innovative and dynamic patient care. Our nurses appreciate competitive benefits and pay in an independent and supportive work environment. Numerous career possibilities are available to you while you continually use your nursing talents and skills treating patients in need of health care, and the attention you provide may be the only nonjudgmental, compassionate, and loving communication they encounter in their day. If your passion is to make a difference, join our superstar team today.
- Prepare, execute, and assess comprehensive nursing care under the guidance of a registered nurse.
- Complete assignments by setting priorities and engaging in program services.
- Provide comprehensive nursing care services such as implementing the plan of care, offering treatment, and executing recovery plan development.
- Administer prescribed medications and demonstrate a thorough understanding of practice standards and compliance with procedures and medication management.
- Develop therapeutic relationships to provide corrective intervention based on the existence of mental health disorders within the scope of the practice.
- Apply nursing service standard procedures by exhibiting a full awareness of all relevant medical services, related administrative regulations, and techniques to ensure patient safety.
- Respect all patients as culturally diverse individuals and remain considerate of their unique backgrounds when providing attention and treatment.
- Submit detailed records of each visit, including pertinent information on evaluation, treatment recommendations, and plan of care provided within agency guidelines and standards.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Accredited nursing or vocational school degree
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department
- Current state license to practice professional nursing
- Proper utilization of medical equipment, including glucometers
- One year of experience in a secure, psychiatric or acute care setting
- Eligible for multistate registration