Use this professional created Certified Nursing Assistant job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
A certified nursing assistant helps patients by feeding and bathing them, as well as helping them get dressed. Nursing assistants also help move patients, ensure nurses are informed of the patient’s current health condition and take patient vitals.
As you’re writing your certified nursing assistant job description, point out how essential it is that candidates be good communicators and compassionate with patients. Assistants should also have the physical endurance necessary to be on their feet for long periods of time and help move patients.
The job also commonly requires a degree of patience and proper state certification. Depending on the employer, state and work environment, a nursing assistant might be authorized to administer medication, which is something to note in your description
Certified Nursing Assistant Job Description Template
Providing compassionate, high-quality care is our top priority, and we need you, a self-driven and personable certified nursing assistant, to help foster a nurturing environment and work closely with patients. Enjoy the satisfaction of a fulfilling and motivating career while you help provide valuable emotional and physical support to patients who entrust you with their care. Work alongside kind and experienced nurses to meet patient needs, and excel in an environment that provides you with all the tools and training you need to succeed. Become part of a company that is well-established and completely committed to meeting your needs and appreciates you for the integral key player that you are!
- Care for patients with passion, kindness and total commitment under the direction of the nurse delegated to the case.
- Help patients feel comfortable and safe while listening to their concerns and building rapport. Make sure all valid concerns are addressed promptly with a nurse if necessary.
- Administer prescribed medications as directed and help patients maintain their sense of dignity and value.
- Maintain a healthy, clean environment by assisting housekeeping with tidying and cleaning rooms and bedding. Assist with bathing patients and helping them maintain proper hygiene while in your care.
- Assist patients in achieving the proper amount of fluid and food intake, and assist with movement to restrooms, wheelchairs, activity areas and vehicles.
- Take and record patient vitals, including blood pressure, pulse, temperature and respiration rates. Report any problems to the patient’s nurse immediately.
- Utilize documentation system and flow sheets to maintain accurate and up-to-date patient records.
- Attend weekly interdisciplinary meetings to provide updates and input on care plans for patients.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Current, valid CNA certification
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to remain calm and react appropriately in emergency situations
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Commitment to providing compassionate care for people of all ages, including those with disabilities
- Six or more months of long-term care experience